Paradise with a knee scooter

cirman52

Due to a surgery, I need to use a knee scooter. Sailing on the Paraidse next week & was wondering if I would have any problems getting around the ship. Does Carnival provide assistance at the buffet ?

We will have 2 tendered ports ( private island & Cayman Island ) & 1 docked, Cozumel. How would I get off the ship at both kind of ports ?

thank you

ROS-KS-2.jpg.9a03d0e18c9cb8e4c047a1fb836b107a.jpg

Have you contacted special needs? Can you climb steps? or walk a bit without the scooter? Are you traveling alone?

I'm not sure if Carnival assists in the buffet, especially if you are not traveling solo. But special needs might give you that information. In the least , they'll be able to alert the ship of your scooter and need for accommodation. Other wise, I'd say with the elevators, you shouldn't have any more difficulty, and maybe less, in getting around than cruisers in wheelchairs or full electric scooters.

Carnival and tender crews can assist in getting you on and off the tenders.

Yes, there is assistance at the buffet. Many times I've witnessed the waiters helping with the plates and tables. If someone does not approach you, just ask.

You need to be able to get into and out of the tender, using the stairs. There will be crew to hold you, but not carry you, into the tender.

In Cozumel, just roll right off:).

Thank you both for your help

Sailed Paradise 6/13. Noticed at least one guest with a knee scooter. she managed just fine on the ship.

If you're traveling alone, I would ask for assistance at the buffet.

As previously posted, you have to tender in Cayman. roll off in Cozumel, not sure about your "private island" stop. None that I know of......

You should be fine. have a graet cruse. :)

My guess is that you will somehow need to "walk" on the gangways on and off the ship, which can be somewhat steep. Same thing with tenders. Remember, the gangway moves on the tenders. My other guess is you have a traveling companion. So if you can stand up, and walk a short distance or use the railings as a support crutch, than no problem. Your companion will handle the scooter.

Due to a surgery, I need to use a knee scooter. Sailing on the Paraidse next week & was wondering if I would have any problems getting around the ship. Does Carnival provide assistance at the buffet ?

We will have 2 tendered ports ( private island & Cayman Island ) & 1 docked, Cozumel. How would I get off the ship at both kind of ports ?

thank you

OMG, I wish these things existed when I spend 20 weeks on crutches 20 years ago.

Are you weight bearing at all? Could you use a cane?