Port Everglades to MIA transfer

S_GOM

Does anyone know of a (cheapish)public transport /shared shuttle connection between Port Everglades and Miami Airport? I should have about 7 hours available for the transfer.

Does anyone know of a (cheapish)public transport /shared shuttle connection between Port Everglades and Miami Airport? I should have about 7 hours available for the transfer.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Try these guys, they will p/u from the port/airport/hotels in both Ft Lauderdale and Miami.

We use them all the time.....

http://fortlauderdaletransfers.com/index.html

If there are only two of you, a Princess xfer is reasonably priced, but you will get there long before flight time.

Another option is to take a Princess tour which will get you to MIA after the tour in time for your flight.

Absolute cheapest and slowest by far, but since you have the time, and reasonably easy if you can carry or drag your luggage, would be to take a shared taxi to FLL (a very short trip), the shuttle bus from FLL to the Tri-Rail train station, the train from there to the Hialeah Market-MIA station, and then another shuttle bus to MIA. This should take at most 1 1/2 hours. If you're as penurious as I am, you'll enjoy it.

http://www.tri-rail.com/stations/hialeah-marketmiami-airport-station

Edited by taxatty

I need a trasfer from Port Everglades to Port of Miami in November ,as I am not sure of the time we will be disembarking is it easy to get a taxi from the port to Miami I think the fare would be about $80.00 so $40each is not too bad vesus shuttle

I need a trasfer from Port Everglades to Port of Miami in November ,as I am not sure of the time we will be disembarking is it easy to get a taxi from the port to Miami I think the fare would be about $80.00 so $40each is not too bad vesus shuttle

Never for sure when you are on a meter.

It would be unusual for you to be on the ship much past 9:00 AM as they are getting ready for the next set of passengers and an afternoon departure.

Cabs are usually plentiful at Port Everglades and your estimate of the fare is about right. The trip should take just under an hour.

If you have lots of time to kill before an evening international departure from MIA then a one way car rental is your best option - likely cheaper than a cab and gives you the oportunity to explore, get some lunch, etc.