Benefits of using Carnival Agent

Travelbug78

Hi, everyone!

I put a cruise on a 24 hold on the Carnival website yesterday, then I received a call and email from one of their cruising agents. He talked over some things with me about Carnival and the cruise, told me he was there to help ensure the best rate, help get possible upgrades, etc. Nice guy. Just wanted to find out from you guys what are the benefits of working with a live agent vs booking things on your own on the website. I'll be making my deposit today and wanted to see if you guys had any feedback either way. Thanks!

Use the personal planner. We have one that we have used thru Carnival for years. Than if you have any questions you go directly to them. Instead of the main phone bank.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

I suggest using Carnival's PVP. I agree with what the others said. From posts that other people have made here, I've seen complaints from those booking with a TA instead that sometimes they cannot reach the TA, especially during non-business hours. So delays in reaching a TA are a source of frustration, especially when trying to grab a price drop that may not still be available by the time the TA gets around to getting back with you. If you book with a TA, Carnival will not speak directly with you if you have a problem, but will only refer you back to your TA.

My PVP usually returns calls within an hour, and I also have the option to email her if I choose. Many PVPs will even return calls when they are off work. And if you book with the PVP, you still have the option of calling Carnival's 800 number for immediate help should you need that. It isn't uncommon for my PVP to call me and wish me Bon Voyage before my cruise. She also assists me with getting my shareholder onboard credit applied to my booking.

So the bottom line is that the reasons to use a Carnival PVP are service and convenience.

Love my PVP - can tell you which room will work for your family - we personally like as quiet as possible - so she looks to see if the location we liked has only 2 person occupancy (she also checks for infants). Better than I could do on my own - that's for sure!!

If you are going to use them for the cruise you put on hold make sure they do the actual booking. I finished our booking the other day because my hold was going to expire before she started for the day. I called her after and she said there was nothing she could help me with because she didn't created the booking.

I always use a booking agent and always get something "extra". Even a $50 OBC is worthwhile for me.

It depends what your needs are? I have been on over 100 cruises and need nothing more than a valid ticket. :) I am not loyal to anyone, and use a few different booking agents, booking based on price only. ;)

If you are going to use them for the cruise you put on hold make sure they do the actual booking. I finished our booking the other day because my hold was going to expire before she started for the day. I called her after and she said there was nothing she could help me with because she didn't created the booking.

Yes, when I talked to him yesterday, he told me that if I booked through the site, he would be able to help me. That's what prompted me to ask the question here. Looks like there are definitely benefits to using the PVP.

We have used our brick and mortar TA a few times, an online agent once, and a PVP a few times. Our TA dislikes Carnival and was always trying to sell us on a different line. We referred our friends' business to her when 2 different groups sailed with us. Out of all that, she's given us one bottle of cheap wine. I know there are other companies and agents out there, but we switched to a PVP and it's been so easy. They know the answer to all of our questions, are always available, and are just on top of things.

Yes, when I talked to him yesterday, he told me that if I booked through the site, he would be able to help me. That's what prompted me to ask the question here. Looks like there are definitely benefits to using the PVP.

He told you he would help if you booked online or if you booked through him?

A real live Carnival person will be able to see all cabins available and not just the ones that show as available on the internet. That might help with things like mid ship or near the elevators. Or if you want to be close to family or friends. Ask if a specific cabin is available and they can book that for you if it is empty. I always transfer my booking to my TA before final payment so I can get some OBC. Usually $150 or $200 depending on what we paid for the cabin. This cruise we are early saver so I will stay with Carnival as long as possible before I transfer so I can handle the rate reductions myself without having to wait for the TA to return my call. I know this is silly but I hate to drive her crazy with calls. I know, it is her job. :eek:

Are you allowed to share their names on these boards? I have never used a PVP, but may do so for the next cruise. Thanks!

I'm not sure if we can...I'm actually a new member of this forum. Does anyone else know? I'm happy to provide his information, but I just want to make sure it's permitted.:)

I probably won't ever use the PVP that keeps calling me. I inherited her after my old one stopped working for Carnival. I booked my second cruise with my first PVP since he'd called me non-stop for over three years. It was absolutely NO benefit to me at all. I actually did have a question and the email went unanswered. I got a "form" email a week before sailing telling me to have fun.

I guess some of them do look out for specific deals for you but for me, I'd rather just book it myself. I find the room I want and click book now.

I have booked online and with a PVP. I am glad that I used a PVP for my next cruise. I had booked Conquest and then they moved ships and my booking was transferred to Splendor. I had picked my cabin on Conquest and wanted a specific cabin on Splendor. My PVP set me up before the switch was official. Unfortunately she is no longer there.

We've had mixed results, many of them don't seem to last long and I've never developed a relationship with any of them in the past. I like our current PVP though and it was super easy to fill in our info, put a hold on the room, then call her with our questions and concerns. We're booked on a ship that's never sailed - a first for us - so there are no reviews specific to the ship and many added room categories that didn't exist previously, so we needed that designated contact person to work with.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016