magic tommorow

vicky3vicky

We are scheduled to cruise on the Magic tommorow. About an hour ago we received a phone call from Carnival telling us not to go to the port until after they call us tomorrow because of fog. We had been planning on arriving at 9AM, as we usually do, parking our butts and reading until it was time for embarkation [scheduled to start at 12:30 but ussually actually starting at 10:30 or so. My son and I are both autistic with huge issues with anxiety and crowds, We have never requested any type of special accommodations, coming super early has just worked. The idea of 4 thousand people converging on the ship at the same time terrifies me. Any advice?

You may not have a parking spot, if your driving. They fill up spaces as the pax leave... and if the ship isn't in yet, there will be no pax leaving!

BUT, I've gotten there early, and not boarded till 6pm, because of February fog... and then, the fog came back we couldn't leave, so we just enjoyed the ship, while it stayed in port.

Take a GREAT attitude. Keep a smile on your face! And know the cruise line and all the workers are just as frustrated as you.

I would keep your plan. There are many shops to see within walking distance. We ate at a restaurant next to the port and it was wonderful. Watched dolphins out in the water close to us.

Same happened to me. The ship was backing in when we pulled up to the port. The porters still took our luggage. I believe it was around 10 ish.

We went on the Magic just about a year ago. We spent the night in Galveston, and when we woke up, yep, it was foggy. Time came to check out of the motel, and still no ship. So, we paid for another night, just in case. Shortly after we booked another night, the ship came in. Well, so it cost us an extra night, but, at least we had a place to stay for a few hours until we could go to the parking lot. We finally boarded about 5:30, went right to the main dining room and had dinner. It was excellent. Right after dinner we had the muster drill, right in the dining room, so we didn't even have to leave. When we came back to port a week later, same thing, only in reverse. We didn't even dock until about 7 in the evening, and it was still a bit foggy. We decided to spend the night in Galveston rather than drive home like we usually do. It was a bit anxious there for a bit, but everything worked out alright. I'm a worry wart myself, but I managed O.K. We loved the cruise. We thought the food on the Magic was the best we have had on any cruise in the last 10 or 12 years. Have a good time.

I think we'll arrive early. Ussually I write a minimum of 2,000 words a day. I had decided to take tomorrow off. Guess I'll still write while I wait, and , maybe 8,000 words [ gosh, I hope not!]and youngest son can study on whatever "sciency" topic he is now learning.

We sailed the magic last Feb

..and are again this Feb as well. :-) we were delayed because of fog. Told to arrive around 3..we got there around 12. .got through security quickly but then sat in the waiting area for about 3 hours...didn't start boarding until close to 4. I will tell u it was packed...Alot of people and long lines for bathroom..ughh. if I had it to do over I would have hung out in the city instead until 3..lol. BUT Carnival was wonderful and once we finally made it on board it was awesome!!

All that being said...I just checked the webcam and it looks like the magic is in port! So hopefully u aren't delayed much at all!!

Hope u enjoy the magic...we love her!!

Edited by lucy200683

Seems a little late but, it can't hurt to be first in line in any embarkation process. Actually I think embarkation is prolly the worst part of cruising imo.

And this is a complete aside from this thread, and I don't mean to derail, but I can't start threads and have a couple of questions I'd like to ask the group here. Any help on getting permission to start one?

Edited by GGI