Sun dresses with sleeves?

KatieBug28

Hello!

I am wondering if you ladies can give me a hand. I love wearing sun dresses when I cruise, but I am a big-busted girl and HAVE to wear a bra. And an industrial strength one at that ;)

Anyway, I am on the lookout for some sun dresses or other casual cotton dresses that have sleeves. I'm hoping for something that can be thrown on over a bathing suit or go to the dining room on non-formal night. Does anyone know where such a thing can be found? Any help is much appreciated! We're not cruising 'til next year, so I have plenty of time and will hopefully be able to get some summer clothes when they come out.

Eshakti lets you customize dresses and you can add sleeves to most of them. I've been pretty happy with my purchases from them. On the downside, they ship from India, so it they attract all kinds of import taxes and fees, but that's discussed at length in their shipping policy.

I have had a thing about my upper arms for as long as I can remember. So everything has to have sleeves :o. I have had really good luck with Old Navy for casual dresses. For cover ups (basically light dresses) I have found some really cute ones at Walmart.

Amazon has nice dresses, have bought most of the ones I am taking on our upcoming cruise there. AGB brand has nice styles with sleeves, just got these and they look even better in person -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JGPSBR4/ref=s9_hps_bw_g193_ir22?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-9&pf_rd_r=0RHY94VNWJBSXRMTV7BB&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1865586062&pf_rd_i=3016408011

http://www.amazon.com/AGB-Womens-Flare-Dress-Royal/dp/B00I7MOHOS/ref=sr_1_53?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1413321129&sr=1-53

This summer I was stalking Ross and Marshall's for dresses and found some nice ones from Max Studios. You can also check Ebay, a lot of the stuff I find at Ross and Marshall's I have seen on Ebay.

Edited by sirenitas

I used to also need industrial strength bras (bilateral mastectomies took care of that). I found that a dress that had straps that were at least two inched wide usually would cover my bras straps.

If I needed more security for the straps, I would sew a narrow piece of ribbon at the shoulder seam. One side was sewn down to the dress. The other end had a snap with it's matching piece sewn to the shoulder seam. I could corral the bra strap under the ribbon and snap the end down to keep the bra straps from slipping out under the dress straps.

You don't need sleeves...just straps! I have teensy boobs...so a bra is a must to emphasize what I do have. Anything with a strap wide enough to cover your bra strap is fine. Not a fan of bra straps with strapless dresses...that's just tacky.

Why would you need sleeves? Sleeveless or with straps that are a couple of inches wide should work. There are plenty of styles like that, Tommy Bahama usually has half a dozen different styles and patterns of sleeveless and wider strap sundresses every year.

I have had a thing about my upper arms for as long as I can remember. So everything has to have sleeves :o. I have had really good luck with Old Navy for casual dresses. For cover ups (basically light dresses) I have found some really cute ones at Walmart.

Amazon has nice dresses, have bought most of the ones I am taking on our upcoming cruise there. AGB brand has nice styles with sleeves, just got these and they look even better in person -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JGPSBR4/ref=s9_hps_bw_g193_ir22?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-9&pf_rd_r=0RHY94VNWJBSXRMTV7BB&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1865586062&pf_rd_i=3016408011

http://www.amazon.com/AGB-Womens-Flare-Dress-Royal/dp/B00I7MOHOS/ref=sr_1_53?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1413321129&sr=1-53

This summer I was stalking Ross and Marshall's for dresses and found some nice ones from Max Studios. You can also check Ebay, a lot of the stuff I find at Ross and Marshall's I have seen on Ebay.

Those are both perfect! Thanks for the tip!

Marshall's are still few and far between in Canada (where the OP is from). However' date=' their Canadian sister brand, Winners, does have lots of Max Studio dresses. Not sure about AGB.[/quote']

Yeah, I haven't seen a Marshall's up here yet. I am an American living in Canada, so that is part of my struggle — I'm still figuring out where I like to shop! I have seen Winners all over the place though, so I will give them a try. I also order a lot of stuff from US sites and either pick it up when I go home, or my mom brings it when she comes to visit.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, I haven't seen a Marshall's up here yet. I am an American living in Canada, so that is part of my struggle — I'm still figuring out where I like to shop! I have seen Winners all over the place though, so I will give them a try. I also order a lot of stuff from US sites and either pick it up when I go home, or my mom brings it when she comes to visit.

There is a Marshall's in South Common.

Marshalls® - MarshallsCanada.ca

2039 98th Street Northwest, Edmonton, AB‎ - (780) 439-5242‎

I both 6 sundresses from Zulily with this type of cut:

zu12233051_main_tm1406145661.jpg

zu10673281_main_tm1400773425.jpg

Hides the bra completely that it can't be see at all even under the arms; they also had the ones with sleeves but the sizes were one size for 12 and under. These dresses with no sleeves are one size plus for 14 and up. (I'm a size 16 with big cups - I know the feeling....)

So next time, if Zulily has a sale for sundresses its the Ananda's Collection and they probably cost $10-14 each. (the six dresses costed about $10 each when they had the sale)

• 2 months later...

Hi Katie,

I went cruising last year and can understand your problem completely because even I'm a plus size girl! I found a great collection of beach dresses and cover ups that fits all shapes and sizes at dollboxx. They have a great sale going on now and you can find some stunning pieces there! They have prompt shipping facilities available too which helps in getting your order delivered real fast!

Edited by laylamulligan