D/D+ lunch on CocoCay?

renech

I wasn't sure if I should post this on the CocoCay or the D/D+ board, so I thought I'd start here. :) Feel free to move it if necessary.

We will be stopping (hopefully) at CocoCay during our next cruise and since I really dislike the regular BBQ offering, I'm wondering if they do a special luncheon for D/D+? It seems to me that they used to, but I might be remembering Labadee.

I don't really want to rent a Cabana since we like laying closer to the water, but I am tempted by the better lunch offered.

Edited by renech

Last year when we were in a Coco Cay there was a small area on the pier/jetty set up with drinks and Hors d'oeuvre with some sandwiches and snacks.

Not really a full luncheon but a nice touch.

Not sure if this is still carried out. We were last there June 2013,so may of changed.

FYI we did receive an invitation letter for this in our stateroom.

Happy Days.

Edited by PompeySailor

Last year when we were in a Coco Cay there was a small area on the pier/jetty set up with drinks and Hors d'oeuvre with some sandwiches and snacks.

Not sure if this is still carried out. We were last there June 2013,so may of changed.

Happy Days.

If that reception was very near the Wacky Seagull Jr. bar, then it's gone now. Corporate decision we were told.

The only upgraded lunch I know about on Coco Cay is associated with the cabana area.

Happy Days.

This is probably what I was remembering then. Thanks. :)

If that reception was very near the Wacky Seagull Jr. bar, then it's gone now. Corporate decision we were told.

The only upgraded lunch I know about on Coco Cay is associated with the cabana area.

Bummer. I guess I'll have to reconsider the cabana rental then. It's not a huge deal, but we've just always had a notsogreat experience with the BBQ buffet. Once, we actually went hungry when we were towards the end of the line. Scrounging for a chicken leg puts a damper on my fun beach day. ;) Thanks for the input!

That would of been the one, at least we got to experience it before they stopped doing it.

Oh well another little perk gone pooooooph!

I wasn't sure if I should post this on the CocoCay or the D/D+ board, so I thought I'd start here. :) Feel free to move it if necessary.

We will be stopping (hopefully) at CocoCay during our next cruise and since I really dislike the regular BBQ offering, I'm wondering if they do a special luncheon for D/D+? It seems to me that they used to, but I might be remembering Labadee.

I don't really want to rent a Cabana since we like laying closer to the water, but I am tempted by the better lunch offered.

Perhaps I missed something but the only special lunch offering that we have seen on Labadee or Coco Cay has been for the Cabana and Gold Card people. At one time I believe D+ were included but now I believe it is just Suites. I fear you will be stuck with the pack and the long lines at the buffet of lukewarm burgers, dogs and corn!

Perhaps I missed something but the only special lunch offering that we have seen on Labadee or Coco Cay has been for the Cabana and Gold Card people. At one time I believe D+ were included but now I believe it is just Suites. I fear you will be stuck with the pack and the long lines at the buffet of lukewarm burgers, dogs and corn!

Maybe I missed it, but I've never known suites, gold card, or D+ to have access to a special lunch on Coco Cay, unless they had also rented a cabana. Maybe it's something they did on Majesty, since it's been years since we've cruised on MJ.

Edited by clarea

It used to be offered and is now no longer available. As Bob confirmed

Here is where it was at (Coco Cay)

It was just a small area for nibbles and drinks;)

imagejpg1_zpse1167ed6.jpg

imagejpg1_zpse1167ed6.jpg

Yes, that's it. I do remember having small sandwiches, and some salads available too. I really liked it as a small but nice option on the private islands. It always seemed well attended, so I'm a little surprised they stopped offering it.

That's interesting. When Monarch had the VIP event, they never had a sign like you had pictured. People just got invitations, and we never knew what the criteria was. Also, Monarch provided some hors d'oeurves, but I don't recall small sandwiches.

Edited by clarea

Yes, that's it. I do remember having small sandwiches, and some salads available too. I really liked it as a small but nice option on the private islands. It always seemed well attended, so I'm a little surprised they stopped offering it.

Part of RC cutting back I suppose.

That's interesting. When Monarch had the VIP event, they never had a sign like you had pictured. People just got invitations, and we never knew what the criteria was.

We had never seen before, only the DW took the letter with her that we received and it informed us it was available and where it was located.

Maybe they will do it again, would be nice.

We will be in a suite, so you do think they still offer something?

I am not a crazy picky eater, but I have a hard time finding anything appealing at that buffet.

That's interesting. When Monarch had the VIP event, they never had a sign like you had pictured. People just got invitations, and we never knew what the criteria was. Also, Monarch provided some hors d'oeurves, but I don't recall small sandwiches.

Dug this out, DD actually had Sushi, quite a variety on her plate and Sandwiches, DW settled for the Sandwiches and liqour:)

imagejpg1_zps7328514a.jpg

MN's HD John Denton and his staff worked very hard to put this party on. Congrats to all of them. Too bad Miami didn't endorse their efforts.

The first photo is one of our favorites . . . feeding the iguanas the scraps from the party.

These pics are from MN's final stop at Coco Cay. F&B Manager Werner was a big part of the MN's party on Coco Cay. He's in the second pic.

Been back to Coco Cay several times since MN left. The iguanas no longer hang out there near the old party deck. No reason to. They've moved on.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N0orI0e9ghQ/VAZQ5Ys6leI/AAAAAAAAAgs/Ot-_GCJ3YP8/w258-h260-p/Monarch%2BB2B%2B2-22-13%2B012.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-UrOKgbwkUts/VAZTIEJCW4I/AAAAAAAAAiA/vK9cUWHGHsU/w519-h390/Monarch%2BB2B%2B2-22-13%2B007.JPG

Rick and Deirdra

MN's HD John Denton and his staff worked very hard to put this party on. Congrats to all of them. Too bad Miami didn't endorse their efforts.

The first photo is one of our favorites . . . feeding the iguanas the scraps from the party.

These pics are from MN's final stop at Coco Cay. F&B Manager Werner was a big part of the MN's party on Coco Cay. He's in the second pic.

Been back to Coco Cay several times since MN left. The iguanas no longer hang out there near the old party deck. No reason to. They've moved on.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N0orI0e9ghQ/VAZQ5Ys6leI/AAAAAAAAAgs/Ot-_GCJ3YP8/w258-h260-p/Monarch%2BB2B%2B2-22-13%2B012.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-UrOKgbwkUts/VAZTIEJCW4I/AAAAAAAAAiA/vK9cUWHGHsU/w519-h390/Monarch%2BB2B%2B2-22-13%2B007.JPG

Rick and Deirdra

Definitely miss these nice activities as done by John and Werner! Other ships tried to keep up but not as good as John and company. Corporate directed the event be stopped. Seriously doubt that such activities will return :(

Thank you to all for the pictures and input! Love the iguanas (and sushi!).

Now trying to decide about the cabanas. The luncheon does look really nice, but not sure if it's $200 nice. :eek:

Although for 4 of us spending the day there, $50 each for a nice lunch along with the other perks doesn't sound too bad.

Bummer. I guess I'll have to reconsider the cabana rental then. It's not a huge deal, but we've just always had a notsogreat experience with the BBQ buffet. Once, we actually went hungry when we were towards the end of the line. Scrounging for a chicken leg puts a damper on my fun beach day. ;) Thanks for the input!

I say do it. It was absolutely everything we were expecting it would be. OK, it's a bit of a hike to the beach but the quiet, the relaxation, the quality and availability of the food. We took our MDR table mates (Mother and Daughter traveling together) and a couple from the CL. I'd do it again in a second.:D

Edited by MichaelCMTX

I say do it. It was absolutely everything we were expecting it would be. OK, it's a bit of a hike to the beach but the quiet, the relaxation, the quality and availability of the food. We took our MDR table mates (Mother and Daughter traveling together) and a couple from the CL. I'd do it again in a second.:D

We decided to take the plunge and get a cabana.

Now to cross our fingers that the weather cooperates and we don't have to skip the port!

Thanks again, everyone. :)