Post PG Blues

Emdee

You know you have it bad when one hour away from the ship sitting in Le Meridien lobby I already have post cruise blues.

What was amazing...

The CC group of friends who banded together about two years in advance.

The wonderful crew of the PG their greatest strength.

The itinerary .....the stunning view of Maupiti even though we didn't get there.

Two days at motu Mahana ..PG life at its best.

The rejuvenated BB motu still my most favourite place in the world.

Florizel's great rendition of Charlie Chaplin do not miss this

Wonderful menus and food

The absolutely amazing weather

The warm and welcoming personalities of capt Ante Toni and Jacques hotel director

All private CC tours .

Full review later......

Really appreciate feedback from all who attended this cruise. We'd hoped to make it (for my 70th birthday) but other plans intervened. We hope to again cruise on PG in 2015. Our past 7 and 10 day cruises were terrific.

I am a bit concerned from some of the negative feedback but am curious to see what the "veterans" have to say.

Pittsburgh, do not listen to the negativity. It is absolutely untrue

How can you say this? My experiences on my PG cruise that I posted were true. You weren't there. I posted a very fair and balanced report. I am sure there are some people that received wonderful service and had a totally positive experience on the same cruise. I didn't, and I posted about it.

It is also so tedious to be told, "I see the glass half-full" or "I just can roll with the punches" and that posters who aren't in 100% agreement with others in their never ending extolling of PG's "virtues" are "negative nellies". That's just silly and really ridiculous comments such as these are best ignored.

I don't come on and tell people who post their glowing reports that they are wrong or too positive!

The problem with this board is that there is a group of posters who will not tolerate anything said about PG that they don't agree with. People get tired of being told that basically, they are liars, and they just stop posting. Which is a shame, because the truth is no cruise line is perfect and it's helpful to read what went wrong with someone's cruise.

All I have to say is that are hundreds of positive comments and two people with negative. I don't mind negative comments but stop rehashing the same crap constantly. To those people who had bad experiences - fine it sucked for you. Stop telling people to not take a PG cruise. It's just stupid. I just finished my 5th and the planning begins ASAP for the 6th.

By the way my first test of my new global access pass was a major success. While over 50 people were in line at immigration I went to the machine that had NO LINE and sailed though in a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by twin123185

How can you say this? My experiences on my PG cruise that I posted were true. You weren't there. ...

The problem with this board is that there is a group of posters who will not tolerate anything said about PG that they don't agree with. People get tired of being told that basically, they are liars, and they just stop posting. Which is a shame, because the truth is no cruise line is perfect and it's helpful to read what went wrong with someone's cruise.

I agree with you, this board needs to be accepting of criticism of the ship.

I'm speaking as a Repeater cruiser who just off the ship. Everything was amazing, and I am a big fan, but everyone's experience will vary, and I hope to remain open to all of these.

"All I have to say is that are hundreds of positive comments and two people with negative. I don't mind negative comments but stop rehashing the same crap constantly. To those people who had bad experiences - fine it sucked for you. Stop telling people to not take a PG cruise. It's just stupid. I just finished my 5th and the planning begins ASAP for the 6th."

I agree with you with regard to PG....best vacation of my life (or nearly so), and still hoping to go back as soon as I can. But, I don't see any reason to get worked up over other people's perspectives. They are certainly entitled to make their case, and you are free to totally disregard if you so choose...who cares if they think it sucks. As another poster said, easier for us to get a cabin!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by stephenandrew

You know you have it bad when one hour away from the ship sitting in Le Meridien lobby I already have post cruise blues.

What was amazing...

The CC group of friends who banded together about two years in advance.

The wonderful crew of the PG their greatest strength.

The itinerary .....the stunning view of Maupiti even though we didn't get there.

Two days at motu Mahana ..PG life at its best.

The rejuvenated BB motu still my most favourite place in the world.

Florizel's great rendition of Charlie Chaplin do not miss this

Wonderful menus and food

The absolutely amazing weather

The warm and welcoming personalities of capt Ante Toni and Jacques hotel director

All private CC tours .

Full review later......

What was rejuvenated at the BB motu?

Charlie Chaplin - we saw him as part of the crew show. That show was the best show I think I've ever seen on any ship ever.

All I have to say is that are hundreds of positive comments and two people with negative. I don't mind negative comments but stop rehashing the same crap constantly. To those people who had bad experiences - fine it sucked for you. Stop telling people to not take a PG cruise. It's just stupid.

Lots of things are stupid.

That is typical of the hyperbole on this forum. I haven't rehashed anything constantly, nor have I told anyone not to cruise on PG. I am sure many cruisers have wonderful experiences on this ship.

Would you tell people who enjoyed their cruise to stop posting about it? Of course not, because you agree with them. There are many more than two people who didn't think PG delivered on their promise, and they have every right to post about this. Because their experience didn't match yours in no way invalidates it.

If you get so worked up about it, ignore their posts and stop replying. If you feel their posts violate posting guidelines, you can always report them.

Maybe all of us (myself included) need to be more respectful of others opinions and not feel the need to argue with anyone who's experience (positive or negative) does not match your own?

Many lucky passenger just returned from a marvelous sailing last week. It was probably is not necessary to rain on their parade.

What was rejuvenated at the BB motu?

Charlie Chaplin - we saw him as part of the crew show. That show was the best show I think I've ever seen on any ship ever.

The sand. If you saw the BBmotu over the years you will realize what I mean. At one time after huge storms there were huge deep pools and ditches and less lovely sand but it looks like it is back to its glory.

I will never ever fly home again the day a cruise ends.....

Did you have one of the morning flights?

We have been debating what to do on our next sailing. The 'standard' flight is (if I recall correctly) 10:30am. Staying an extra night in the IC is 220pp. I think I would prefer to have an extra night pre-cruise rather than spend THAT much for a post-cruise night. It is such a let down after being on the ship for 10 days.

Thoughts?

Did you have one of the morning flights?

We have been debating what to do on our next sailing. The 'standard' flight is (if I recall correctly) 10:30am. Staying an extra night in the IC is 220pp. I think I would prefer to have an extra night pre-cruise rather than spend THAT much for a post-cruise night. It is such a let down after being on the ship for 10 days.

Thoughts?

My flight is 7:50AM!!! on ATN. I debated whether to try to have it changed to the evening; but I just said, "let me go home"

I will never ever fly home again the day a cruise ends.....

I didn't mind our flights at all.

Staying in the day room at the Meridien and at the holiday inn in Waikiki certainly helped.

Love united flat bed. Way better than a number of airlines.

Only hassle is the Newark overnight.

Edited by Emdee

I had to leave Papeete on Saturday as I flew Hawaiian Airlines. I should have stayed a night in Waikiki as I did pre cruise. I shouldn't have cared about what work would have said!

Sounds like the problem wasn't flying out the same day as the end of the cruise, but not laying over somewhere before flying to the east coast? Could that be?

We did that once and it was hell. This time we did fly out on Sunday morning, so got to spend a delightful day and night at Le Meridien first. But then we stayed over in L.A., then a 5-hour flight to Toronto. that makes a huge difference. We broke the trip in L.A. going out as well.

Of course, doing the flat-bed first from Honolulu to Newark would be very nice, all around. But for us, it adds signficant hours to the overall trip. It would be a great way to fly to Hawaii, for sure!

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Sounds like the problem wasn't flying out the same day as the end of the cruise, but not laying over somewhere before flying to the east coast? Could that be?

We did that once and it was hell. This time we did fly out on Sunday morning, so got to spend a delightful day and night at Le Meridien first. But then we stayed over in L.A., then a 5-hour flight to Toronto. that makes a huge difference. We broke the trip in L.A. going out as well.

Of course, doing the flat-bed first from Honolulu to Newark would be very nice, all around. But for us, it adds signficant hours to the overall trip. It would be a great way to fly to Hawaii, for sure!

It's not just the flatbed as I have been on various airlines both business and first. It's the United airlines version. Well cushioned not so pod like so no claustrophobia and a comfortable width. With extra pillows I made myself a comfy cocoon.

We flew out on the early 7:50 am flight to LAX, 4 hour layover and then to ORD arriving at 6:15 am - had another 4 hour layover and then home to BWI. Since I had booked on award points and my original flight was cancelled there weren't many other flights to choose from. It actually worked out quite well since we had to get up so early (which started our transition to east coast time) and caught naps on flights and layovers. Slept well after the first night home and no jet lag after that. I might even consider doing that again...