Any thoughts on deck 6 CC suites?

Tillylovesseabourn

I am looking at suites for use of three people and am told that club continent suites are the best available for three sharing. I have an option of deck 6 which is wheelchair accessible or deck 8, is there much difference in the two options apart from a walk in shower? Or is it much better to be on deck 8?

Thanks

We have had a couple of suites on deck 8. Although we had two next to each other we only used one for afternoon tea, drinks etc. ( 4 adults ) There was plenty of room.

I should image three would be quite comfortable.

However there was only two chairs on the Balcony.

The ship is compact, in a good way. We used the stairs, there was really no need to use the lift so I don't think the deck is important.

We like midship because of motion.

We are trying a balcony this August as the cruise is very port intensive and we have another cruise booked for November.

Hope this helps.

There are no CC suites on Deck 6.

Yes there are 2 new accessible CC suites on Deck 6. I have not seen them, but usually accessible rooms lack storage space in cabin and in bathroom, to allow ease of movement. I would not book one willingly, but as I said I have not seen one.

Edited by leo178

Information on these cabins is going to be very scant unless you strike someone here who has been in them since the refurbishment. I had one when they were accessible category V2 balcony cabins before the ships were redone and was assigned it last minute. They are the same size as CC Suite, but at that time had balcony furniture and wardrobes in them. They have an automatic door, a ramp to the balcony and a roll in shower. The bathroom had no storage space at all before the refurbishment. I'm not sure if you need an accessible cabin and when your cruise is. Personally if I didn't need the facilities I would not what to book it and take it away from someone who does.

Phil

Yes there are 2 new accessible CC suites on Deck 6. I have not seen them, but usually accessible rooms lack storage space in cabin and in bathroom, to allow ease of movement. I would not book one willingly, but as I said I have not seen one.

I am wrong..... again! :rolleyes:

To the OP - If anyone in your party likes it very quiet for sleeping you might want the cabin on level 6. The CCs on 8 are great but there is usually some noise from the public spaces above.

Thank you Phil! As someone who uses a wheelchair fulltime those two cabins are our only option for a balcony. They are also not allowed to be given to anyone who doesn't need them unless they are still unbooked 30 days prior to sailing. Royal Caribbean enforces this according to their literature. If you want to book one of those cabins I'll happily trade the ability to walk with you.

To the OP - If anyone in your party likes it very quiet for sleeping you might want the cabin on level 6. The CCs on 8 are great but there is usually some noise from the public spaces above.

Sorry, but those cabins are first and foremost meant for guests who require an accessible cabin, not for those wanting to avoid potential noise from above. There aren't many accessible cabins as it is (two more accessible OV cabins have just been added on deck 4) and encouraging booking them by those not needing them is wrong.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Others have correctly given the view re using an accessible room if you do not have special needs. In addition, I think that you are overplaying the issue from above.

1. It depends how light a sleeper you are, how late you want to sleep in on what is a port intensive itinerary etc. I have slept very successfully in several of the rooms that others find noisy.

2. And I have also seen people say "there is noise around 8 am ...." - Azamara ships are not the destination, they are the route to the destination and if the ship docks at 7.30 or 8, you are going to have movement because at least 85% or more of the ship will be getting up around then or even earlier.

If you research the deck plans there are lots of rooms on deck 8 that are below quiet areas - the spa suites, the hairdressing salon, the deck etc. Some people have reported noise from the café kitchen, however I was told that during the refurb some minor changes were made and they are using different carts so even this noise may be overplayed.

To the OP can you tell us the rooms you are looking at on Deck 8 as I am sure some post refurb guests might be able to help you with that choice

Others have correctly given the view re using an accessible room if you do not have special needs. In addition, I think that you are overplaying the issue from above.

1. It depends how light a sleeper you are, how late you want to sleep in on what is a port intensive itinerary etc. I have slept very successfully in several of the rooms that others find noisy.

2. And I have also seen people say "there is noise around 8 am ...." - Azamara ships are not the destination, they are the route to the destination and if the ship docks at 7.30 or 8, you are going to have movement because at least 85% or more of the ship will be getting up around then or even earlier.

If you research the deck plans there are lots of rooms on deck 8 that are below quiet areas - the spa suites, the hairdressing salon, the deck etc. Some people have reported noise from the café kitchen, however I was told that during the refurb some minor changes were made and they are using different carts so even this noise may be overplayed.

To the OP can you tell us the rooms you are looking at on Deck 8 as I am sure some post refurb guests might be able to help you with that choice

I thought it went without saying that if you do not need an accessible cabin then you should not book it.

The OP, in their first post, indicates that they are aware that the cabins are accessible ones so they did not need reminding of this fact. From this I surmised that either someone in their party used a wheelchair or that they were within 30 days of sailing and the deck 6 cabin had opened up to anyone.

It is thought provoking how others surmised that the OP was contemplating booking an accessible cabin even though they did not need one.

The OP was asking if deck 8 was better than deck 6. That is the question I gave advice on.

I resent other posters suggesting I was advocating booking an accessible cabin if you do not need one.

I thought it went without saying that if you do not need an accessible cabin then you should not book it.

The OP, in their first post, indicates that they are aware that the cabins are accessible ones so they did not need reminding of this fact. From this I surmised that either someone in their party used a wheelchair or that they were within 30 days of sailing and the deck 6 cabin had opened up to anyone.

It is thought provoking how others surmised that the OP was contemplating booking an accessible cabin even though they did not need one.

The OP was asking if deck 8 was better than deck 6. That is the question I gave advice on.

I resent other posters suggesting I was advocating booking an accessible cabin if you do not need one.

Referring to a "roll in shower" as a "walk in shower" is normally a very good indicator that someone isn't disabled enough to need a bathroom with a door way wide enough for a wheelchair or have a family member that does. I was only referring to the OP in my reply.

For those going to Bermuda and docking in Hamilton on the fringes of high season deck 6 gets a lot of very loud music from the Cairo Cafe's 3rd floor disco on the side with the HP cabins on Journey. Yes, even with the doors closed and drapes drawn it kept my husband awake and he can normally sleep through anything.

Northern lite, you are correct the cabin was offered to us as a very last minute option, less than 30 days out. There were two CC cabins, one on 6 greatly reduced for some reason and a full price one on 8, which is why i was questioning the differences.

Thanks for your responses, have gone for the eighth floor due to location and also just incase someone needs this cabin. It was pushed by our TA though as the last remaining N2 cabin.

Edited by Tillylovesseabourn

.....For those going to Bermuda and docking in Hamilton on the fringes of high season deck 6 gets a lot of very loud music from the Cairo Cafe's 3rd floor disco on the side with the HP cabins on Journey. Yes, even with the doors closed and drapes drawn it kept my husband awake and he can normally sleep through anything.

I am sorry to hear that Cafe Cairo's noise disturbed your DH's sleep. I suppose this is one of the drawbacks of being docked right in Hamilton on Front Street.

While I am not in a position to apologize on their behalf I do hope that your next visit to this beautiful Island is more restful.

Northern lite, you are correct the cabin was offered to us as a very last minute option, less than 30 days out. There were two CC cabins, one on 6 greatly reduced for some reason and a full price one on 8, which is why i was questioning the differences.

Thanks for your responses, have gone for the eighth floor due to location and also just incase someone needs this cabin. It was pushed by our TA though as the last remaining N2 cabin.

Very few who need those cabins would book that late. Mainly due to cruise lines wanting a lot of information before discussing any shore excursions with us. And I don't know of many who would want a line to lose money by not sailing as full as possible. Other than Bermuda the deck 6 cabins are quiet and mid ship. They may have less storage in the bathroom then other cabins. I always do my make up at the desk in the main room and listed that lighting as dreadfully inadeguate on our last cruise on the Quest just as most other verandah cabins occupants pre-dry dock did.

Oh, I guess it has one good benefit: all the grab bars keep the shower curtain from clinging to you. ;)

I am sorry to hear that Cafe Cairo's noise disturbed your DH's sleep. I suppose this is one of the drawbacks of being docked right in Hamilton on Front Street.

While I am not in a position to apologize on their behalf I do hope that your next visit to this beautiful Island is more restful.

We already have a solution. Should we overnight on Front Street again we just plan on joining the party and sleeping in the next day. We have seen and enjoyed the history of the Wharf area many times so actally prefer Front Street. And it is one of the few places an accessible taxi can get very close for trips to some of the very beautiful and quiet places on your gorgeous islands such as near the zoo.

We already have a solution. Should we overnight on Front Street again we just plan on joining the party and sleeping in the next day. We have seen and enjoyed the history of the Wharf area many times so actally prefer Front Street. And it is one of the few places an accessible taxi can get very close for trips to some of the very beautiful and quiet places on your gorgeous islands such as near the zoo.

What a great solution! If I were visiting on a cruise ship I would prefer to dock in Hamilton as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

We are currently doing the second leg of a B2B and were in 6056 last cruise. We were given the cabin two weeks before departure and loved it. It is not at all noisy, very near the stairs and everything is only a few decks either up or down. There were three chairs on the balcony, otherwise everything was the same as any other CC suite outside. The bathroom is great, we didn't have any problems with storage and the wardrobes in the cabin are identical to any other suite.

The position of the cabin was really great during the rough crossing we had through the Caribbean on the last two days before we hit Cartagena, we hardly felt any movement at all.

I do hope you booked the cabin; we would definitely take it again if it became available at the last minute.

Jenni