Blue Mts tour

patrinka

Sorry, can't advise on any tours but it's easy enough to catch the train up to Katoomba then explore on the HoHo bus.

More info here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2065214&highlight=blue+mountains

Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley? The Hunter Valler is very pretty and full of wineries, just like many other wine regions. The Blue Mountains have stunning scenery and you are able to get down into the bush (the easy way at Scenic World) and go for a gentle stroll. As you probably guessed by now, my personal preference is the Blue Mountains :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

The Blue Mountains is a very unique environment that you wont see in many other areas of the world. The Hunter Valley is very picturesque with lots of wineries you can visit just as you can visit in most wine growing countries of the world.

If you are coming from overseas , only have the one day and have to choose between the two , I would go for the Blue Mountains.

I would also recommend a day tour with of the many tour companies. Sure it may be more expensive than doing it on your own , but you will learn about what you are looking at and you will get to see the very best of what the area has to offer.

I haven't been to the Hunter Valley, but I've been to the Blue Mountains twice and enjoyed it very much. Our first trip was by train which we arranged ourselves and it was easy to do.

I would only do an organized tour if it took me to Featherdale Wildlife Park on the way to the Blue Mountains. It's a nice wildlife park where you can feed kangaroos and get your photo taken with a koala and it's a bit difficult to get there on your own when you are in port for such a short time. Many of the tour companies that go to the Blue Mountains include a stop at Featherdale.

Sorry, can't advise on any tours but it's easy enough to catch the train up to Katoomba then explore on the HoHo bus.

More info here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2065214&highlight=blue+mountains

Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley? The Hunter Valler is very pretty and full of wineries, just like many other wine regions. The Blue Mountains have stunning scenery and you are able to get down into the bush (the easy way at Scenic World) and go for a gentle stroll. As you probably guessed by now, my personal preference is the Blue Mountains :D

WE did both and loved both. We like good wine, but I would go with the Blue Mountains.

We had a great tour.

http://www.sydneygreatescapes.com/

Experience spectacular scenery, wildlife, plant life and fresh mountain air. You will spend a full day exploring the Blue Mountains region on an all inclusive tour. Enjoy a unique and relaxing environment - the best that nature has to offer.

HIGHLIGHTS:

• Visit an Featherdale Wildlife Park - hand feed kangaroos, experience an emu encounter, walk through rainforest aviaries, giant crocodiles and more
  • Walk through koala enclosures and see koalas in trees and close-up
  • Opportunity to Cuddle a Koala*
  • Tour Katoomba - resort capital of the Blue Mountains
  • At Echo Point, see the Three Sisters rock formation towering over Jamison Valley
  • Ride the world's steepest Scenic Railway, Scenic Cableway and Scenic Skyway
  • Walk on the valley floor boardwalk
  • A sumptuous buffet lunch is included at Scenic World
  • Visit the quaint mountain village of Leura
  • Perhaps enjoy a local specialty as guests of Maurice Cooper (Mr. Teapot) at Bygone Beautys... a traditional English Tea or a Devonshire Tea of scones, jam and cream. What a treat! (own expense)
  • Time to walk and browse the picturesque mountain village of Leura
  • Take a delightful scenic cruise on the Parramatta River with commentary to Sydney Harbour and Circular Quay aboard Captain Cook Cruises
  • Time to relax and perhaps enjoy a beverage from the onboard bar to complete a grand and captivating day (own expense).

It's a tough call not knowing your tastes.

Blue Mts are beautiful so is the Hunter Valley.

Blue Mts mainly for the views and the Caves. Hunter Views and Vineyards though some Hunter tours will include the Beaches at Newcastle or the Bay.

Because I live in the Hunter I'd go the Mts.

The other thing is for the Hunter you would probably need a tour, and it's 2 hrs each way from Sydney. Blue Mountains you can catch a train and about 2 hour each way .