ATM Machines - French Polynesia

Cruisung Lady

We are taking the 30 day holiday cruise Hawaii / Tahiti December 15, 2014. I know there are ATM machines in the Hawaiian Island but does anyone know if there are any in the French Polynesian islands. Thanks for the info.
I'd suggest doing an Internet search for whichever type of ATM card you have (Plus in our case). I do this when we travel so I know where to look for ATMs on our network. I learned the hard way one trip wandering all over Sydney looking for an ATM on the 'proper' network.

To answer your question yes! We were in Tahiti for a week prior to ending our New Zealand adventure and before we went,we went to an exchange store here in San Diego to have some cash on hand. When we were staying in Papette we were able to find a ATM and as posted prior it is in English. You had a choice of French or English.

3STAR becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

We have done your cruise 7 or 8 times. Remember they give out local money at the ATM. Their local money is quite beautiful and you will probably want extra to keep for yourself. The only place we found that was touchy about accepting USD was Raratonga. Everywhere else ( other than Fanning Island ) takes USD quite happily.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We have also had the pleasure of your fabulous cruise - sigh. Never had any issue using US dollars anywhere. We did not use public transportation though and cabs gladly accepted US$. Just bought a few trinkets and a soda by the landing area in Raratonga and remember that they accepted US$.

We have done your cruise 7 or 8 times. Remember they give out local money at the ATM. Their local money is quite beautiful and you will probably want extra to keep for yourself. The only place we found that was touchy about accepting USD was Raratonga. Everywhere else ( other than Fanning Island ) takes USD quite happily.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We had no problems using US dollar on Fanning Island. I bought alot of bead and shell works there, also some carved woods, too.