Motu Mahana teaser photo

Tikiintahiti

Tikiintahiti ... those are post-card quality photos! After the winter we have all had, those are nice to look at.

Emdee ...Aloha to you and your family. I have retired now from the Federal Govt., over 30 years, so ...stick a fork in me, I am done.

Mary and I still have Hawaii for this summer planned, and looking at Tahiti for the Summer of 2015 maybe, as there is a 10 day one offered then.

September will be here for you all soon .....

Chuck and Mary

Almost all the pictures I post were taken with a cheap $100 P&S camera. My BH & I are professional video/photo people and we have some very good cameras but we haven't taken any of them to the South Pacific. However, on our next trip .............. someday .......... we do plan on taking some good equipment. A good DSLR, multi flashes for off-camera shots & tripods for both camera and the off camera flashes with umbrellas. Our primary intention for our next trip is to capture some video/stills .....

Can hardly wait until we can go again :)

Here is another teaser. Taken in the lagoon of Tahaa. The famed drift snorkel location is just over the top of the thatch roofs between the motus. Not a bad backdrop while you snorkel this incredible location ..... Yes that is Mt Otemanu 13 miles away rising high above Bora Bora .....

BoraBora1of1-800_zps4c53b967.jpg

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Just imagine yourself sitting under the shade with a Hinano in hand. This is one of the popular day use properties while your floating around French Polynesia on the Paul Gauguin .........

Notice the busy beach ........

I took this picture while on Moorea for the day

MooreaHiltonbeach1of1-800_zps9cd5185d.jpg

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Miriam-two days!!!!-- Not too hard to take--I have dibbs on the lawn chair on the right-ha

Tiki- I love taking pictures, but have no formal training. Whenever you do take your good equipment I would love to see those pictures too. It is hard to imagine that these islands are that beautiful!! Every other vacation seems like it will be dull (beauty wise) in comparison.

Miriam-two days!!!!-- Not too hard to take--I have dibbs on the lawn chair on the right-ha

Tiki- I love taking pictures, but have no formal training. Whenever you do take your good equipment I would love to see those pictures too. It is hard to imagine that these islands are that beautiful!! Every other vacation seems like it will be dull (beauty wise) in comparison.

Mitch you can have both chairs. I can be found in one place only sitting in the water. Motu islander was surprised to find that is precisely what I do.

So it's ok to share!!??!!

Here are a few of my favs:

A "screen saver" from IC in Tahiti

148334378.jpg

Rainbow in Raitea

146945853.jpg

Sunset from sailing from Tahaa to Bora Bora

148334406.jpg

Sunset looking towards Moorea

148334439.jpg

Edited by Familygoboston

Very nice ............... mind if I play with one of the pictures or could you send it to me in full resolution? The one of Moorea .......

No problem...I think I've got your email let me send the "machine" file as my DH calls it...more res for printing etc! :D

No problem...I think I've got your email let me send the "machine" file as my DH calls it...more res for printing etc! :D

I didn't get an email from you ............

I did clean up one of your photos but the picture was very low resolution so it wasn't the best but it is an improvement :)

FamilyBoston12of1_zps72e19e42.jpg

Edited by Tikiintahiti