Help with hotel in Miami in March 2018

kenholt

Hi,

I like to check Kayak, Or it's or Trip Advisor, especially Kayak, and I can punch in my dates and look at their map layout to see the various regions and prices.

Do you want a hotel near the airport or near the cruise port?

If near the cruise port, many of the cruisers like to stay in the downtown area near Brickell or the port. Myself, I have booked a nice room at the Hampton Inn in Brickell for Oct. It also includes free breakfast and is very near the metro mover, which is a free transportation system that takes you around Miami and even connects to the airport via another system, from what I've read.

Not sure what the rates are for March 2018, but we are paying around $174 pre-tax for the Hampton Inn in Oct, while my friends are staying at Embassy Suites near the airport for $135.

However, March is peak season, so I would expect the rates to run a lot higher. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took a quick look.

I made up a date.

Please note that this is the season so rates will be higher.

Downtown:

Holiday Inn Port Of Miami $207.00

I found several hotels near the Miami airport that are under $200.00

Just go to Trip Advisor which is what I did.

Plug in your date(s).

Keith

Flying into MIA? :confused: If you are flying into FLL to save $$ you will find your hotel budget goes a bit further in the FLL area than in Miami.

What time will you arrive? :confused: Arriving late and just want dinner and a room - then airport hotels are fine. La Quinta East is a budget motel near MIA often suggested on this board. Better hotels in a nicer area are found in the Blue Lagoon area -- Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.

Arriving earlier in the day and want to see some of Miami - then stay downtown, but you may need to bump up your budget, especially if your March dates are the week before Easter. Holiday Inn (suggested above), Doubletree, Intercontinental, Hampton Inn, Hyatt, and a variety of MArriotts are often suggested in downtown Miami.

Have a great cruise! :cool: