Barbados airport

Elviex

Hi all, we are flying back from the TA on November 5th (premium economy) and wondered if anyone has thoughts on paying for the airport lounge there? Holiday Extras quote £48 for two. Thanks.

Hi all, we are flying back from the TA on November 5th (premium economy) and wondered if anyone has thoughts on paying for the airport lounge there? Holiday Extras quote £48 for two. Thanks.

In my opinion for the relative low cost it's worth it although don't expect an awful lot for your money. There is free food mainly sandwiches and crisps though certainly not a lot of choice, the drinks, alcohol and soft drinks are free as is the wi fi. The lounge is comfy enough but can get busy as it caters for business and first class passengers for the various airlines. To be frank the main airport lounge is also quite comfy with a number of eating outlets and bars and, has plenty of seating. The main lounge also has free wi fi. Guess it's horses for courses but if you have a 3 to 4 hour wait for the flight that would be my choice of venue.

Bal

When we have flown back we spent very little time in the airport as you are kept on board ship for as long as they can. About an hour on both of our fly cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we have flown back we spent very little time in the airport as you are kept on board ship for as long as they can. About an hour on both of our fly cruises.

Over the years we have flown home from Barbados numerous times and as dai says, it can be a short wait. But, it is not uncommon to have delays both on the ship and in the airport with flights delayed exiting the UK. So you pay the money and take your choice.

Bal

My experience has also been that the wait hasn't been that long. Once we didn't even sit down in the airport - it was straight onto the plane.

Yes there maybe a delay on your flight, but that sounds like a lot of money for something you may not use for long.

Up to you though what you feel comfortable with.

We were obviously unlucky. We disembarked at 12.30; as it was New Year's Day there was no traffic so we were at the airport in no time at all and had a 4-hour wait. There were at least two other ships in port, so the airport got very crowded, there wasn't enough seating and things got very tetchy. Couldn't understand why passengers on flights to Manchester, Glasgow and Leeds which departed before ours to Gatwick were disembarked after us.

We found the price was quite reasonable £22 I think we paid, we did the Farewell To Barbados tour (not brilliant) which got us to the airport about 3pm, our flight was at 7pm (which got delayed by an hour as they ran out of aviation fuel which the Captain said was common in the Caribbean). So we had quite a while in there, its clean and comfortable and the Wi-Fi works well, the food isn't brilliant and the choice is limited, the cold drinks are used up quickly and constantly replaced with warm ones so you need to get one from the back. I would do it again as the main lounge was packed when we arrived and I think we got our moneys worth.

The drinks fridges are in the background and the food area is to their right, the loos are clean and well maintained

GAirport.jpg

Thank you all for the comprehensive replies...we will toss a coin! But will probably go for it if the tours end early. I was hoping to do the farewell one but depends on when it gets us to the airport. Then again we may go for paying for a cabin for the day....decisions decisions! We fly a lot and are used to the lounges so would like to give it a go...I really appreciated the photo!

We always use the lounge at Barbados. The airport can get very busy; the lounge is like an oasis amidst the bedlam downstairs. In our view, it is money well spent as you can get dropped off very early at the airport, as much as 3 hours pre-flight.

We have barely had time to do anything more than use the facilities every time we have flown home from Barbados. Last time we were held up in the bus at the side of the road, in a convoy with other busses from the ship, whist they waited for busses in front of us to clear. By the time we got through security and passport checks they were already calling our flight. I like lounges, but at Barbados I wouldn't book it in advance (but I don't know if you can pay on arrival),

We have barely had time to do anything more than use the facilities every time we have flown home from Barbados. Last time we were held up in the bus at the side of the road, in a convoy with other busses from the ship, whist they waited for busses in front of us to clear. By the time we got through security and passport checks they were already calling our flight. I like lounges, but at Barbados I wouldn't book it in advance (but I don't know if you can pay on arrival),

Yes, you can pay on arrival. But if they are particularly busy, they will cap numbers and those who are already booked will obviously be permitted to enter, but those who just arrive on the off-chance will be 'unlucky'.

Yes, you can pay on arrival. But if they are particularly busy, they will cap numbers and those who are already booked will obviously be permitted to enter, but those who just arrive on the off-chance will be 'unlucky'.

We just turned up, paid at the desk and went in, there is a waiting area at reception if its full but the turn over of passengers is high so I cant imagine the wait would be long if there was one.

Am I missing something?

Are you with Thomson?

I read on their website, that if you go Premium with them, lounge access is included. Is this NOT the case.

Am I missing something?

Are you with Thomson?

I read on their website, that if you go Premium with them, lounge access is included. Is this NOT the case.

Not sure that this is the case as this is not a 'Thomson' flight with the plane being on a charter to P&O.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Am I missing something?

Are you with Thomson?

Yes, I agree. We flew Thomson Premium a couple of years ago for a P&O cruise. We did not have lounge access included with the flight; but on a Thomson flight to Florida for a fly-drive, we did have access to the lounge, at Gatwick and Orlando. So I think DaiB is correct, on a P&O charter, lounge access is NOT included in the upgraded seats.