Specialty Dining/Champagne Promotion

projecthandbag

When we booked our cruise it included one free night at a specialty restaurant and a bottle of champagne. How does this work once we are on the ship? Do we need to book the dinner right away or is it booked by Princess for us? Can we choose the restaurant? Does the champagne come to our room and has anyone exchanged it for OBC? Thanks!

We had the same promotion. We were on the Star last month. We received a voucher for the champagne that we could exchange in the dining room. You could either do champagne or get a $60.00 credit for a bottle of wine. As far as the dinner goes, Princess gave us a time and date for our reservations -which happened to be 5:30 on the night we sailed. Princess picked the Crown Grille for us. I believe you can change the reservation but I'm not positive about that. We just went with what they gave us. It actually worked out good, because the restaurant was quiet. Have a great cruise.

When we booked our cruise it included one free night at a specialty restaurant and a bottle of champagne. How does this work once we are on the ship? Do we need to book the dinner right away or is it booked by Princess for us? Can we choose the restaurant? Does the champagne come to our room and has anyone exchanged it for OBC? Thanks!

I had the same promotion on the Grand last month. When we got to the cabin there was a voucher for the champagne, called room service and it was delivered to the room. The voucher for dinner was for Sabatini's at a time we didn't like. Called the dine line as soon as we got in the cabin and changed to Crown Grill at our choice of time. No problem.

Debr

We too were on the Star last month and had the champagne voucher waiting for us in our room. As was the case with lhsmom10 we received the alternative dining voucher along with a preassigned dining time at the Crown Grille for the first night. When we boarded we had already called the DINE line to make a reservation for Sabatini's on Valentine's day - by the time we received the dining certificate/reservation and got around to it the DINE line was already closed so we swung by the Crown Grille after they opened and told them we had changed their plans - they said no problem and (important part :) ) would transfer the voucher over to Sabatini's (although you get the voucher in your stateroom - the bottom part which you sign when it's redeemed is sent to the restaurant where they preassigned your dining time.)

Oh - and since we had the AIBP we almost forgot about redeeming the voucher for Champagne so on the last day we had room service deliver it to us and we took it with us off the ship :cool:

We had a voucher in the room that we brought to the crown grill, same with the bottle of champagne.

Like others, when I called the DINE line I found my reservation was made in advance for a specific night at Sabatini's. I had no problem changing it to Crown Grill on a different night.

We were on the Star in Jan & had the same promotion. We had vouchers delivered to our cabin for both the specialty dining & champagne. Our dining voucher was not pre assigned so we called the dine line & made a reservation for Crown Grill on a date of our choice. We took the champagne voucher to customer relations & exchanged it for a $65 OBC. No problem at all!

We booked during the same special, but I don't see mention of it on my booking. Should it say so somewhere, or will I just see vouchers in our stateroom?

Both vouchers should be in your cabin (nothing on my booking)

Debr

Did We miss something?

Booked Regal with the anniversary package....specialty dining and a little obc.

Nothing about champagne. T/A doesn't seem to know about it but will check. Figure I'll get an answer here quicker.

Thanks.

Did We miss something?

Booked Regal with the anniversary package....specialty dining and a little obc.

Nothing about champagne. T/A doesn't seem to know about it but will check. Figure I'll get an answer here quicker.

Thanks.

Just a different "sale". One with dinner and champagne and one with dinner and OBC.

Debr

We were on the Star in Jan & had the same promotion. We had vouchers delivered to our cabin for both the specialty dining & champagne. Our dining voucher was not pre assigned so we called the dine line & made a reservation for Crown Grill on a date of our choice. We took the champagne voucher to customer relations & exchanged it for a $65 OBC. No problem at all!

We had hoped to do that as well but our voucher specifically stated that it couldn't be substituted or exchanged. Guess I should have asked anyway.

The perks don't show in the personalizer so I called Princess and had them send me email confirmation. I took it onboard "just in case" but didn't need it. Still, I'd rather have it with me than not.

Edited by Thrak

I'm sailing in May on a B2B2B and on one of the legs have the specialty dining freebie. My question is if it's dinner for two and I'm sailing alone can I go two nights? Seems like I should be able to if I'm basically paying double for the cabin

I would have never thought to try and trade the champagne in for OBC, but I had read about it here on CC on another thread. I tried it & it definitely worked! They were very courteous and helpful at customer relations when I asked about it, and said it would be no problem at all. It was added to my account by the next morning.