What to do this time around? Beach people looking for new places

mitsugirly

We have been to St Thomas several times. We love the beach and love snorkeling as well.

We are looking for some place new this time around.

Places we have already been to:

Sapphire Beach

Coki Beach

Linquist (Smith)

Coki-scuba diving

Where should we head this time? Since we decided to scuba dive (discover) last time around, maybe we should do this again at a different location? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. :)

I recommended Secret Harbor last time you posted and I'm recommending it again.

THAT'S the name I was trying to remember the other night. That's the place with the other dive shop that I was considering I believe?

I just went to their site and they have a live cam of the beach. It's shows a bunch of boats there in the bay area. Is this usually the case? Just wondering how safe it is with boats coming and going if so. So that area was a good snorkeling area correct? Is it fairly shallow water?

Thanks for reminding me of this place. I'll have to check it out again.

Any other suggestions? I'm not really trying to go over to St John at this time. I like to make the most of my day and not spend a portion traveling in cabs to ferries and worrying about certain times you have to be back.

The beach is in a protected area so boats aren't allowed in the swimming area. The Aqua Action boat docks on the far right of the beach (it shows on their webcam but there's a better view from another webcam I can't find).

I heard they put the jumping platform back in the water. Check for recent reviews.

Secret Harbor Beach webcam -

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/us-virgin-islands/st-thomas/east-end/saint-thomas-secret-harbour.html

Would suggest a day sail for snorkeling of the days of STJ and Great St James if time allows with either Yacht Nightwind or High Pockets. Otherwise for good snorkeling on STJ you'll probably want to rent a car and head to Waterlemon or Maho...

If you want to stay on STT, another off-the-beach snorkel option is Cowpet Bay (Elysian Beach) very close to SH.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/us-virgin-islands/st-thomas/east-end/saint-thomas-cowpet-bay.html

There are boats moored there and you'll see mainly resort/condo guests here. I'm not sure about lounge rentals however. If interested you could call Sangria's for info -

http://www.sangriasvi.com/

We haven't snorkeled there but one land visitor who snorkeled all of the beaches considered it the best when they were there, you may want to research it on TA, HomeAway, or another site used by land visitors since not many cruisers go there.