Private tour to Berlin

We are porting in Warnemunde on May 24, '17 and I'm looking to set up a small private tour to Berlin if possible. Jeremy Minsbery is already booked for that day and I was unable to get on his tour. Does anyone know of any other good private tour operators from the port to Berlin that will do a customized tour. I've looked all over and can't seem to find the info. Thanks.

Teanne

?Don't Alla and TJ do Berlin tours, you might want to check them out.

We're using Alla in both St. Petersburg for 3 days and also in Copenhagen. I was wanting to try to get a small tour with around 6 people if possible so we can personalize it.

Teanne

Do you happen to know what tour company she is with?

Teanne

Looks like she has a website (not sure if I can post the actual site) but her first and last name dot com.

Do you happen to know what tour company she is with?

Teanne

We were lucky that we did book with Jeremy. We were given a custom tour and saw so many sights and learned a great deal! It was my husband's favorite part of our Baltic tour and cruise.

We toured Berlin with Nigel Dunkley of Insider Tours Berlin. He was a character! I believe he was a former miltary attache? He's incredibly knowledgeable about the history of Berlin and the cold war. Apparently he was also on the curry wurst episode with Anthony Bourdain. I just booked through their website http://www.insidertour.com. I can't speak to their other guides, but I thought Nigel was wonderful!

We toured Berlin with Nigel Dunkley of Insider Tours Berlin. He was a character! I believe he was a former miltary attache? He's incredibly knowledgeable about the history of Berlin and the cold war. Apparently he was also on the curry wurst episode with Anthony Bourdain. I just booked through their website www.insidertour.com. I can't speak to their other guides, but I thought Nigel was wonderful!

Thanks for the info. Will check him out. I'm still trying to get this set up with a private tour rather than the ships tour but not having a lot of luck.

Teanne

Thanks for the info. Will check him out. I'm still trying to get this set up with a private tour rather than the ships tour but not having a lot of luck.

Teanne

Try SPB tours who do tours in St Petersberg and Berlin

for Berlin we had a few people interested in a private tour and SPG put us together with 4 others from another cruise ship in port at the same time to fill up the van

for Berlin we had a few people interested in a private tour and SPG put us together with 4 others from another cruise ship in port at the same time to fill up the van

Many don't know this but Vika, the owner of SPG is married to a German. He stays in Germany and oversees the operations in Berlin.

Teannetx,

Maybe you have found someone by now, but I also wanted to mention that Jeremy was booked for our date as well. He referred us to Lee Evans who has been very responsive to our needs. I'm not sure if we will book him as I'm still not certain we will go to Berlin. He is not only highly regarded by Jeremy and numerous TA reviews, but Rick Steves reccomends him in his book (I think he may have written some of the Germany entry?)

Teannetx,

Maybe you have found someone by now, but I also wanted to mention that Jeremy was booked for our date as well. He referred us to Lee Evans who has been very responsive to our needs. I'm not sure if we will book him as I'm still not certain we will go to Berlin. He is not only highly regarded by Jeremy and numerous TA reviews, but Rick Steves reccomends him in his book (I think he may have written some of the Germany entry?)

Bella-yes I have been in contact with Lee and have booked him already for a private tour with 6 people. I already have the 6 people booked for this Berlin tour with Lee. So excited to work with him. Thanks.

Teanne

• 9 months later...
We are porting in Warnemunde on May 24, '17 and I'm looking to set up a small private tour to Berlin if possible. Jeremy Minsbery is already booked for that day and I was unable to get on his tour. Does anyone know of any other good private tour operators from the port to Berlin that will do a customized tour. I've looked all over and can't seem to find the info. Thanks.

Teanne

:cool:Sorry, we got to Jeremy first and shared our tour with Laura and Mike. He was very accommodating and gave us a great customized tour. I recommend him highly, don't settle for anyone else. http://www.theberlinexpert.com/

We have a private tour booked through SPB, Classic Berlin with Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial. Are we at risk of being combined with other people? Was there a price break once it was no longer private?

We have a private tour booked through SPB, Classic Berlin with Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial. Are we at risk of being combined with other people? Was there a price break once it was no longer private?

I agreed to SPB finding us other tourmates which in hindsight was a mistake

there was no price break-it just meant guaranteed price per person on 12 seater

we had 8 from our roll call and we had discussed beforehand than in view of limited time in Berlin and long journey there we would prefer a quick snack and more time for sightseeing

however the other 4 from another ship were at the front of the van and when the tour guide offered an "authentic German meal" they enthusiastically agreed!!

that meant the rest of us either joined them for a 1 1/2 hour meal or tried to fill in the time in the area

unfortunately the restaurant wasn't in an interesting area so we ended up killing time and slightly resentful and taught me a lesson that if I head up a private tour I take control at the risk of being bossy!!!

so be clear with your tour organiser in e mails beforehand on your expectations and reconfirm with your tour guide on the day who may not have read those emails

good luck

• 4 weeks later...
Your post warned me a bit and I decided to check our itinerary for group tour with Best Guides. They assured me that lunch break is not longer than one hour and if part of the group decides to go to the restaurant which has central location the other part has an opportunity for shopping. I prefer not to waste time for a full meal but I'm ok for a short break for a snack and souvenirs. I'm happy to clear it up in advance, thank you for your post!

you are very welcome-happy my warning helped you with your planning