High end Resort

Seany527

I'm looking for a high end, upscale resort to spend my 30th birthday at. Does anyone have any recommendations? Hoping for something clean and classy, without a party crowd or music.

If that doesn't really exist in Antigua, does anyone have any recommendations for a quiet day with serene views?

The cruise isn't until January so please keep the recommendations coming [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm looking for a high end, upscale resort to spend my 30th birthday at. Does anyone have any recommendations? Hoping for something clean and classy, without a party crowd or music.

If that doesn't really exist in Antigua, does anyone have any recommendations for a quiet day with serene views?

The cruise isn't until January so please keep the recommendations coming [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For a resort vacation, then follow us and friends to Curtain Bluff (although a little late, there may be a villa free on the Bluff).

If just for a day then it must be Jacqui O's or Cecelia's. Always book your lunch/day in advance

All low key class.

All well away from the Cruise/Holiday Herds.

A previous post of mine giving more detail

Beach location

The best two places for your consideration are JACQUI O's and CECILIA'S look nowhere else, as every decent "quiet" beach will attract the cruise herds, and cease to be so.

Both are upmarket shabby chic class places with excellent service, food, drinks, facilities and are "well away" from the Cruise Herds, no matter how many ships are in port. JO's and C's are NOT "grab a bed and an umbrella" places.

JO is closed on a Monday and is closest to the Port.

Cecilia's has a lower price point and slightly further away

Book your visit/lunch/day in advance.

Whoever you select there will be no disappointment.

JACQUI O's - https://www.facebook.com/

CECILIA'S - http://highpointantigua.com/

However, if you like the ambience of a Yacht/Beach Club, then the Pavilion

Contact the Concierge at the Pavilion

concierge@christopheharbour.com

They may have space to allow you to visit, take lunch, drinks etc for a day

Cruise Herds will NEVER establish the P as a "destination".

Definitely NOT a "grab a bed and an umbrella" beach club.

Days passes are available, 120$ pp, for all inclusive. For some people it might be a bit steep but i think it's worth it. We have reservation for this December

Price always appears to keep the Cruise Herds away, for some reason. :)

Curtain Bluff and Blue Waters came back with $220 and $120, respectively. Has anyone stayed at both and can compare/contrast?

Can only speak for Curtain Bluff. It has never dissapointed. For that reason, one would stay with what one knows as being excellent, if only to save any dissapointment,

Service, food, wine, drinks etc are always top end.

However, one agrees it would be good to see a review from those having stayed at both.

Port Royal, do you know if Jacqui O's closes seasonally every year and that is what he means about closing May 7th? Or does this sound like Lance is closing the business?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

Just called a mutual friend, selling up to fund a new and bigger opportunity. Price US $1.20 million

Being sold as a profitable going concern, with the existing staff etc.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

JO close at the finish of their season, being around the end of April. Then re-opens in October.

When JO closes Cecelia's usually stays open for the benefit of the last trickle of Antigua visitors.

Lance and Jacqui are professional, and if they were closing JO, first they would give notice on their Facebook Page, then they would have advertised it before now as being for sale.

No Fbook and no Sale, so draw your own conclusions.

If any reader had a concern then why not ask Lance direct, rather than post.

Thanks for the info Port Royal. Wasn't sure when the seasonal close time frame was so appreciate your insight since I'm a first time visitor to Jacqui O's and Antigua. No concern here - just curiosity! As mentioned, Lance confirmed with me this AM so while I knew I wasn't personally impacted was curious for some friends who are traveling later in the season and are working on lining up their activities.

Carnival once offered an excursion to Jumby Bay, a very exclusive resort, is that still an option through cruise lines? Certainly too expensive for most of us to stay there! I imagine the excursion was just to Long Island and not to the actual resort...