Britannia in the Caribbean

cruisebore

I wondered that too, be interesting to see the comparison of bookings between the 2 ships , We were on the Ventura in the Caribbean in December and are booking Britannia for this December but with the Ventura elsewhere and the Azura and Britannia in the Caribbean it's 3 large ships for P&O to fill during the winter months.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wondered that too, be interesting to see the comparison of bookings between the 2 ships , We were on the Ventura in the Caribbean in December and are booking Britannia for this December but with the Ventura elsewhere and the Azura and Britannia in the Caribbean it's 3 large ships for P&O to fill during the winter months.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The time for good deals on Ventura will be before Christmas as for the past few years this has been a slack time.

Azura may well be the same.

All the Inside cabins for Azuras christmas and year cruise have sold out already....is that normal? I've read before of people getting cheap last minute deals for these cruises, do they sell them elsewhere? Was hoping to avoid the Christmas cruises of the past when they got a bit rowdy :)

Edited by Itsbeentoolong

All the Inside cabins for Azuras christmas and year cruise have sold out already....is that normal? I've read before of people getting cheap last minute deals for these cruises, do they sell them elsewhere? Was hoping to avoid the Christmas cruises of the past when they got a bit rowdy :)

The cruises over Christmas usually sell out quickly. There are not usually any deals. However the cruises before Christmas are the ones which are slow sellers and would have the cheap deals.

What we are not looking at is how well this advertising is going on the TV at the moment. Remember it does not even mention Britannia. We are now told that Britannia is the fastest selling ship in the UK ever. Cruises I am on in the Autumn are showing sold out for most of the cabin types.

There are no certainties in booking a cruise. The more flexible you are the better chance of a deal.

They are advertising 14nt cruises on Britannia for £999 only 6 weeks after the maiden cruise in March so I dont believe the hype that she is selling well. Obvious that its the biggest ship built for British customers so obviously however she sells will be classified as "fastest selling ship" thats just making statistics fit a good publicity statement. Personally think Anthem of the Seas looks a better ship and is selling at prices a lot dearer for months now and think RC have knocked P&O for six with their pre publicity and info on Anthem whereas P&O for Britannia has been non existent in comparison.

The time for good deals on Ventura will be before Christmas as for the past few years this has been a slack time.

Azura may well be the same.

Agree, Dai. We went Dec 2010 on Ventura 4th To 20TH? Paid £1258 each for a Riviera deck balcony.

Methinks there will be similar offers on both ships in 2016.

May go depending on itinerary and if I can persuade Mrs Geecee to forgo Mexico!!

She is "all cruised out" after 4 Caribbean sorties.

Agree, Dai. We went Dec 2010 on Ventura 4th To 20TH? Paid £1258 each for a Riviera deck balcony.

Methinks there will be similar offers on both ships in 2016.

May go depending on itinerary and if I can persuade Mrs Geecee to forgo Mexico!!

She is "all cruised out" after 4 Caribbean sorties.

All cruised out??????? Sorry is this in a foreign language, I don't understand. Or in modern terms, "This does not Compute" :) :) :)

So 70% of all cruises on Britannia have been sold. Well it seems if the so called 'lack of publicity' has a had a huge effect.

Assuming that the 70% figure is factual and not P&O spin. There are still 1094.1 berths on average unsold per cruise.

Cb

If the OP's supposition is correct then anyone able to book a cheaper deal on Azura should do. Yes the Britannia will be new and have extra features but in the Caribbean a balcony is, IMO, a must have and Azura's balconies are all at least 35% bigger than Britannia's and if you book a C deck cabin then you could comfortably fit 3 or 4 Britannia balconies on it.

Assuming that the 70% figure is factual and not P&O spin. There are still 1094.1 berths on average unsold per cruise.

Cb

But unless you have other sales figures to compare with the figures are meaningless. If you read them with what the company have said ie the best sales yet for any new ship then one would expect 70% to be high. Clearly there will be some cruises with far fewer sales. The two we are on in Sep/Oct are both showing full in most cabin grades.

So 70% of all cruises on Britannia have been sold. Well it seems if the so called 'lack of publicity' has a had a huge effect.

Doesnt really matter how many staterooms have been sold it all depends at what price and profit margin and nobody has the knowledge that 70% of all staterooms have been sold out only P&O and they arent going to say its selling poorly for obvious reasons . Like I said in my previous post it isnt good if they have to advertise 14nt cruises for £969 on the 11th April when less than a month old and to my knowledge apart from Maiden do not think any cruise is completely sold out.

Doesnt really matter how many staterooms have been sold it all depends at what price and profit margin and nobody has the knowledge that 70% of all staterooms have been sold out only P&O and they arent going to say its selling poorly for obvious reasons . Like I said in my previous post it isnt good if they have to advertise 14nt cruises for £969 on the 11th April when less than a month old and to my knowledge apart from Maiden do not think any cruise is completely sold out.

Yes carry on knocking I am sure you have P&O worried.

Not sure why you think £969pp is indicative of P&O having to "fire sale" cabins, the launch price for inside cabins on B504 was £1149pp for select, or £1090 with the 5% launch discount. Select fares are now £1279 with saver fares at £969, which is in line with a lot of other cruise offers, and as Dai keeps saying, there are plenty where even the saver fares are now higher than the launch price.

I'm no P&O cheerleader, but this years late deals don't seem as low as some recent years have been, I just hope next years launch prices from Southamprton are not as galactic as sister line Princess's offerings.

PS also only just noticed that the only saver fares now available on this cruise are for insides, balconies and suites are now only available as Select fares, and at much higher prices than launch.

Edited by terrierjohn

No cheerleader here either and I agree with you over the saver fares not being as low as previous years. Bargains can still be had on some cruises eg Ventura N509 for 13N on 12 April has been £749 for a balcony.

Also agree with the price of cruises on Princess.

Edited by tjwa