Cabin TV's (small gripe)

As there was so much going on and so many lovely places to visit this was not a major issue but a little irritating.

The TV channels and films offered in the cabins were quite limited.

The film selection was exactly the same for the second week as was shown on the first week. Even the documentaries were exactly the same. I spent minimal time in my cabin but the OH did enjoy a relax down there.

Can anyone throw some light onto the lack of choice?

Lorraine

You may be correct in "lack of demand".

Wish Thomson had got this information from customer feedback forms they could have left TV's out of the cabins and spent the money on something else!!

Seriously though...why play the exact same programmes two weeks in a row?

I was a little miffed that the show team performed the same two shows for the first two nights in the second week as they had the first week, ABBA and Songs in Concerto....thank god it did not continue in the same vien for the rest of the holiday.

Lorraine

[quote name='blossom52']I don't think we have put the tv on except for the ship cam on either of our trips, don't intend to this time either!![/quote]

Same as you we had little use for the TV ,Mrs Kalos would put on the photo shop channel to see what they had filmed for the cruise CD.
I would put the ship cam on overnight all you could see was two red dots on-screen until it was daylight.
To answer the OP's question ...

To have more would cost more and I don't think the demand is there to justify putting up the price of a cruise .:)

[quote name='Rebel Rouser']Kalos, thats one of my top tips when having an inside cabin, leave it on silent overnight day/night images[/quote]

Would'nt mind Rebel we were in an outside cabin but our lass always had to have the curtains shut :(:confused: I know, we're in the middle of
the Atlantic, its pitch black , were on deck 4, who the hell is going to row all that way out to get a glimpse of the Mrs :confused:
Maybe there is a sex crazed old salty sea dog out there preying on the cruise ship ladys who leave their curtains open at night...who knows :rolleyes:. :D

Well we must be very boring as we do use the TV to keep abreast of the news as well as using the bridge cam to see if we've arrived but don't spend enough time in the cabin to worry about films etc. But I can see that for some people that might be an issue.

But just for information although the second week they did a Concerto Show again the theme and material was entirely different so although it may have appeared to be a repeat actually it wasn't. The ABBA welcome show was the same but this is mostly the case on Thomson ships wih b-2-b itineraries.

[quote name='kruzseeka']Well we must be very boring as we do use the TV to keep abreast of the news as well as using the bridge cam to see if we've arrived but don't spend enough time in the cabin to worry about films etc. But I can see that for some people that might be an issue.

But just for information although the second week they did a Concerto Show again the theme and material was entirely different so although it may have appeared to be a repeat actually it wasn't. The ABBA welcome show was the same but this is mostly the case on Thomson ships wih b-2-b itineraries.[/quote]

We must be boring too then :D If DH can't get a newspaper he likes to see the news on TV. We never watch films much at home, so not worried about them on holiday either.

I think it is a good idea to do the Abba show every changeover day as if you have flown all that way to the Caribbean you are usually too tired to go on the first night :)

[quote name='CRUISIN LINDA']We must be boring too then :D If DH can't get a newspaper he likes to see the news on TV. We never watch films much at home, so not worried about them on holiday either.

I think it is a good idea to do the Abba show every changeover day as if you have flown all that way to the Caribbean [B]you are usually too tired to go on the first night [/B]:)[/quote]

Agree! It's a real downer if they are doing a one-off show which is really good and a) you arrive too late to see it b) you are too tired to bother or, worst of all, c) you keep nodding off during the show and get so cross with yourself 'cos you know it's good from the snippets you see but can't stay awake! (You can tell I speak from experience here! :D )

[quote name='kruzseeka']Agree! It's a real downer if they are doing a one-off show which is really good and a) you arrive too late to see it b) you are too tired to bother or, worst of all, c) you keep nodding off during the show and get so cross with yourself 'cos you know it's good from the snippets you see but can't stay awake! (You can tell I speak from experience here! :D )[/quote] Yes, as I said the other day, the first time we went to the Caribbean, it had been snowing at home and so the flight was delayed and what with being up all night the night before we went, and the time difference, quite few were nodding in the theatre for the first few nights - including us :o

Archived