Mero beach

hockeypapa

LuLu,

From many of your post on these boards you seam to enjoy what our family does too. We like to snorkel and enjoy the beach. We try to use public transportation in most ports without a tour. Can you give me any information on how to do this in this port???

Thanks for your help.

Mero Beach is about a 30-40 minute cab ride. Feb 2013 it was $25 pp round trip. Our cab driver sat at the beach bar/restaurant and waited on us.

There were no cruisers there the first two hours. We had the place to ourselves. But later in the early afternoon they started showing up from excursions.

Here's a couple of videos of Mero Beach.

Edited by mdrobtx

THANKS FOR THE INFO IF THE TAXI DRIVER DOESN T WANT TO STAY WOULD WE STILL BE ABLE TO GET A TAXI BACK TO THE PORT ALSO WHAT KIND OF PRICES FOR LUNCH BEER AND DRINKS:p

Mero Beach is about a 30-40 minute cab ride. Feb 2013 it was $25 pp round trip. Our cab driver sat at the beach bar/restaurant and waited on us.

There were no cruisers there the first two hours. We had the place to ourselves. But later in the early afternoon they started showing up from excursions.

Here's a couple of videos of Mero Beach.

THANKS FOR THE INFO IF THE TAXI DRIVER DOESN T WANT TO STAY WOULD WE STILL BE ABLE TO GET A TAXI BACK TO THE PORT ALSO WHAT KIND OF PRICES FOR LUNCH BEER AND DRINKS:p

I assume you can get a taxi. There were many cruisers arriving in the afternoon. I really didn't notice a taxi line or waiting taxi's. We just negotiated a round trip price so we wouldn't have to worry about finding one upon return.

Normal food and drink prices. $4 or so for a beer and normal beach bar prices for food. Nothing outlandish.

mdrobtx, thank you for the great videos! It is always hard to tell from still photos whether a beach is what we're looking for or not. As for the 30-40 minute drive, I have a question. Were the roads to the beach curvy and twisty? Last time we were in Dominica I had trouble with motion sickness, but we went up into the mountains. Just wondering if going to the beach is less of a roller coaster ride:rolleyes:

mdrobtx, thank you for the great videos! It is always hard to tell from still photos whether a beach is what we're looking for or not. As for the 30-40 minute drive, I have a question. Were the roads to the beach curvy and twisty? Last time we were in Dominica I had trouble with motion sickness, but we went up into the mountains. Just wondering if going to the beach is less of a roller coaster ride:rolleyes:

Oh boy. Me also. But I was suffering from the 24 hour Noro virus. That was the worse excursion. Every curve and turn.

Anyways, NO. It's a straight shot down the coast line. No big hills twisting or turning.

Have fun.

Michael.......

Hi

Does anybody know if a public bus travels from Roseau to Mero - usually like the independence of going by bus and not having to fix a time with the taxi driver in advance.

Taking a bus would take a large chunk of your day. We always have gotten the cabbie's business card, and set a time. If we want more time, or less, have the bar call them. There's no way I'd ever take a bus there, it's way too far.

Mero is one of our favorite beaches! It does not photo nearly as beautiful as it is. In person, it is really stunning. The water is very clear and a deep, beautiful blue. It sparkles. As the day goes on and the sun gets higher in the sky, it becomes more beautiful. I think it is a not-to-be-missed beach. But then again, everyone has their own visions of what's beautiful. It is not a white sand beach, and maybe that's where some people are disappointed.

The vendors who work the beach are all nice and relaxed, never a hassle on this beach, no one has ever tried to sell us something. On the contrary, they are super easygoing.

383025_2261511705540_1246551723_n.jpg.8505e2b1ee9e351801380b3772560409.jpg

61432_10201332441021281_921541606_n-1.jpg.09c56ff645df3253aa2ce6c8f863f85a.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for posting the info and video on Mero Beach! It looks like just the thing for us. We will go early and return to the ship early afternoon. Should we expect to pay $100 for four people round trip?

Doris

Yep. Or negotiate down to that price.

• 2 months later...

This beach is not to be missed. It's unspoiled nature is so pretty. Was there as a port stop and used "My Sisters Tours". Yes she will wait for you with no pressure to leave. Make sure you negotiate a price. We got charged a little more than what was said but no big deal. Was only a few bucks. "Connie's "restaurant was delicious. We had tilapia and was quite good. Beer was cheap and good! What a relaxing day we had. Going back in Mar/2015 and hoping to go to the same beach!! Enjoy!! :)

This beach is not to be missed. It's unspoiled nature is so pretty. Was there as a port stop and used "My Sisters Tours". Yes she will wait for you with no pressure to leave. Make sure you negotiate a price. We got charged a little more than what was said but no big deal. Was only a few bucks. "Connie's "restaurant was delicious. We had tilapia and was quite good. Beer was cheap and good! What a relaxing day we had. Going back in Mar/2015 and hoping to go to the same beach!! Enjoy!! :)

Did you tour any other places with "My Sisters Tours"? I've booked Helen for our day in Dominica next year and I'm curious if you used them just as a cab or if you spent the day with them?