Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale cruise-airport -order in food

Cruizann

My DH and I will be arriving late (after dark) at the hotel prior to taking a cruise the next day. I notice there is no dining room or room service in the hotel for a light evening meal. Would it be a problem if we were to order in a pizza or something similar to the hotel room. We will be tired after travelling from Canada and were hoping just to have a quick bite to eat and then go to bed.

I can't imagine that it would be a problem. I once had a pizza delivered to my room at the Hyatt Place not too far from there. I'm sure the front desk will be able to recommend delivery places. (But ask for another recommendation if they happen to mention Dough Boys -- Yech!!!)

I can't imagine that it would be a problem. I once had a pizza delivered to my room at the Hyatt Place not too far from there. I'm sure the front desk will be able to recommend delivery places. (But ask for another recommendation if they happen to mention Dough Boys -- Yech!!!)

Thanks so much - we will avoid Dough Boys.

There's usually take out brochures in the lobbies.

Are you at the HIE on State Road or SE17th St?

Downtown Pizzeria on S. St Andrews or Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza on S Federal Highway should be within delivery distance of either. I know Downtown delivers fairly late. But google both of them and then take a online menu with you. When you get to baggage claim or while waiting on the hotel shuttle call and order. You might arrive at the same time!

If you are on SE17th and feel like a short walk, either Bimimi Boatyard or Kelly's Landing are open until 11PM.

Finally check out "GrubHub" Fort Lauderdale it's a website that has all kinds of food for delivery. You can see what's in range of your hotel.

There's usually take out brochures in the lobbies.

Are you at the HIE on State Road or SE17th St?

Downtown Pizzeria on S. St Andrews or Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza on S Federal Highway should be within delivery distance of either. I know Downtown delivers fairly late. But google both of them and then take a online menu with you. When you get to baggage claim or while waiting on the hotel shuttle call and order. You might arrive at the same time!

If you are on SE17th and feel like a short walk, either Bimimi Boatyard or Kelly's Landing are open until 11PM.

Finally check out "GrubHub" Fort Lauderdale it's a website that has all kinds of food for delivery. You can see what's in range of your hotel.

Thank you for the most helpful information. The hotel is on SE 17th street.

I use Delivery Dudes all the time.

http://www.DeliveryDudes.com

Also Doorstop Delivery is pretty good.

http://www.DoorstopDelivery.com

I know Duffys, which is near your hotel, serves late and has excellent food.

I'm pretty sure both Outback and Carabbas serve until 11:30 on weekends.

Cheesecake Factory on Las Olas serves until 12:30, Big City Tavern and Roccos Tacos serve until 2am.

The Tilted Kilt is open until 4am.

I would walk over to Duffy's, but if you really want to order in, Delivery Dudes can bring you dinner from Bimini Boatyard, Bravo, or Coco Asian Bistro, all a block or 2 away. Or you can get pizza delivered from Downtown Pizzaria or Papa Johns.

Panera Bread is just across the street from where you are staying, for pizza I would call Dough Boy Pizza which is just up the street, also the front desk should be able to come up with some good recommendation.

Some people love Dough Boys and travel from miles away for their pizza. It really is subjective.

I guess it is. Maybe I happened to get a bad cook when I had it, but it tasted like ketchup on white bread (with some cheese thrown in for good measure). I had one piece and threw the rest away.

Edited by elycelynne

I would walk over to Duffy's, but if you really want to order in, Delivery Dudes can bring you dinner from Bimini Boatyard, Bravo, or Coco Asian Bistro, all a block or 2 away. Or you can get pizza delivered from Downtown Pizzaria or Papa Johns.

Forgot about Downtown Pizzaria! They deliver until 4am.

I also like Dough Boys but agree it is subjective. Some people love deep dish and I don't like it.

Edited by BlueHerons