Barcelona Hotel under $150

cruisingbarb

I need a hotel for three nights precruise and am hoping to keep it under $150 a night--preferably more like $125-140 (including taxes and I don't want to book anything that's non-refundable). So far, I've looked at Hotel Regencia Colon, Hotel Duc de la Victoria, and Hotel Curious--all of which are coming in at my high end of $150.

Any suggestions for something a little more in our price range without going to a hostal?

We want to stay south of Catalunya, near the Rambles and/or in the Barri Gotic section.

We booked at Hotel Atlantis for just over 100€, including taxes and breakfast. Reviews are mostly good. I guess we will see in April.

We have stayed at Hotel Regina, but their rates have increased considerably. It was nice, clean, quiet, and had a safe in the room.

I need a hotel for three nights precruise and am hoping to keep it under $150 a night--preferably more like $125-140 (including taxes and I don't want to book anything that's non-refundable). So far, I've looked at Hotel Regencia Colon, Hotel Duc de la Victoria, and Hotel Curious--all of which are coming in at my high end of $150.

Any suggestions for something a little more in our price range without going to a hostal?

We want to stay south of Catalunya, near the Rambles and/or in the Barri Gotic section.

Marina View B&B http://marinaviewbcn.com/ a couple of blocks from Las Ramblas on Passeig de Colom

Hotel rates can vary greatly depending on the time of year. Since you don't give any dates, it's hard to tell what would be in your budget.

One good way to look for hotels by price range is to use www.venere.com. One of the search parameters you can select is cost per night. They also feature reviews of the hotels and/or you can cross-check them on Tripadvisor.

We are booked at the Hotel Continental before our TA cruise in Nov. 2012. We haven't been there, but it was recommended by friends who stayed there a couple months ago precruise. The rates were from 95 to 115 euro per night. It is on the Ramblas near Plaza Catalunya.

I second Hotel Continental. We stayed there last May. It's literally around the corner from Placa Cataluyna and is at the top of Las Ramblas.

You can take the bus either to or from the airport to the Placa for around 5Euro a person and easily walk around the corner to the Hotel.

It's all pink and pretty funky looking in the rooms but they have some snack and drinks out all day which saved us time and $$.

We are going back to Barcelona in April and will be staying there again.

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked at the Hotel Continental before our TA cruise in Nov. 2012. We haven't been there, but it was recommended by friends who stayed there a couple months ago precruise. The rates were from 95 to 115 euro per night. It is on the Ramblas near Plaza Catalunya.

we are booked there for Jun 2012 based on many great recommendations

• 1 month later...
We booked at Hotel Atlantis for just over 100€, including taxes and breakfast. Reviews are mostly good. I guess we will see in April.

We have stayed at Hotel Regina, but their rates have increased considerably. It was nice, clean, quiet, and had a safe in the room.

I have booked the Atlantis for October. I hope you will come back and let us know how you liked it.

Archived