Speciality Restaurant Tipping

MUFC 1963

We are very keen to try one of the speciality restaurants whilst on our cruise but would like to know if you tip or is it included in the price. Thank you.

We treat the speciality restaurants like we do when we go out for a meal at home - we tip according to service. I suppose that the tip is included in the price but it is always nice to give a tip to say thank you for good service.

How do you do that, because we don't carry any money when we are on board. I wouldn't have thought you needed to tip. You are already paying quite a big charge.

When we've been on Celebrity / RCI there is always a space when you sign for our meal for a gratuity. Like you have in restaurants at home. We still like to say thank you to individuals. I know that we don't have to, but we like to say a personal thank you. I think that P&O have that little space for gratuities as well ?

In the past we have also given staff some cash in hand on the last day of a cruise and always leave cabin staff a thank you if they deserve it as we would on a land holiday.

We just love our holidays and are happy to give over and above to those who give over and above and make our holiday special. :)

If you have left your auto gratuity on you are already paying for the tip for that night as if you were in MDR already paying a surcharge for eating there we have eaten in many speciality restaurant on P&O and have never tipped and they have never expected one. The waiters in the speciality restaurant wont be missing out because all tips are pooled and shared amongst waiting staff wherever they are serving.

When we've been on Celebrity / RCI there is always a space when you sign for our meal for a gratuity. Like you have in restaurants at home. We still like to say thank you to individuals. I know that we don't have to, but we like to say a personal thank you. I think that P&O have that little space for gratuities as well ?

In the past we have also given staff some cash in hand on the last day of a cruise and always leave cabin staff a thank you if they deserve it as we would on a land holiday.

We just love our holidays and are happy to give over and above to those who give over and above and make our holiday special. :)

We feel and do the same as you Presto2 :D

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

How do you do that, because we don't carry any money when we are on board.

I take a stack of £1/£2 coins with me. We use them for tipping room service and drinks waiters.

Will be going to a speciality restaurant next trip but hadn't thought about a separate tip there. I think we would add a gratuity the bill if possible.