Best aft facing mini on Gem

camp85

I'm currently booked in 11656. I'm thinking of switching to 11150 because I read the room might be a little bigger. I'm also not interested in switching to either of the handicap accessible rooms.

Anybody have any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've never been on 11th floor, but on the Gem the 10th floor aft balconies are the biggest. On 11 you are right under the great outdoors ( not bad but 10 best )

Safe sailing

But there are no minis on 10 facing aft, just balconies and penthouse suites.

Anybody?

I'm aware that the balcony on deck 10 aft are larger but they also don't have privacy from above. I'm also aware of potential noise from the Great Outdoors. I booked a mini specifically for the larger bathroom. I'm assuming that since it has a tub shower combo that the space would be larger than the normal walk in shower. We have no intention of actually using the tub as a tub.

I've searched a lot and can't seem to find answers. It seems that 11150 might have the room configuration with the bed by the balcony. I would prefer the other configuration. I'm currently booked in 11656 which is right in the middle. I want to make sure I'm booking the best available cabin I can get. We all know they are not all equal.

Edited by camp85

I'm currently booked in 11656. I'm thinking of switching to 11150 because I read the room might be a little bigger. I'm also not interested in switching to either of the handicap accessible rooms.

Anybody have any advice?

From the UK Site:

11150 = Total Sq. Ft. 285, total Cabin sq. ft 231, total balcony sq. ft. 54

11656 = Total Sq. Ft. 272, total Cabin sq. ft.218, total balcony sq. ft. 54

11150 has more cabin sq. ft then 11656.

Harriet

From the UK Site:

11150 = Total Sq. Ft. 285, total Cabin sq. ft 231, total balcony sq. ft. 54

11656 = Total Sq. Ft. 272, total Cabin sq. ft.218, total balcony sq. ft. 54

11150 has more cabin sq. ft then 11656.

Harriet

Harriet - how did you find the SF for individual rooms? I am interested in 10668 on Gem and can't find it anywhere :(

I'd go with 11150 - bigger is always better ;) Plus I like the bed by the balcony

Edited by din2play2

Harriet - how did you find the SF for individual rooms? I am interested in 10668 on Gem and can't find it anywhere :(

I'd go with 11150 - bigger is always better ;) Plus I like the bed by the balcony

We were just in 10668 on the Jewel. Good room, but the balcony has a partial view from above and we had a soot problem, which we had never had before on an aft balcony. The three decks on the back all had the problem equally.

In our cabin, the love seat was next to the window.

Had 10668 many times...great cabin....sofa bed near balcony. Cabin regular size....balcony much bigger than other floors. Never had soot problem...balcony always clean except one morning we had some debris from The Great Outdoors(but just little bit). Very private balcony --- except at railing (believe us _ DH checked many times to see how private we were)

10 aft books fast, so I would grab it ASAP.

Safe sailing

Anybody?

I'm aware that the balcony on deck 10 aft are larger but they also don't have privacy from above.

Yes they do, unless you are standing right at the railing. The aft-facing cabins on the Jewel-class ships (of which the Gem is one) are all covered; they are not uncovered and stepped back as on some other ships. This is the Jade; the woman in the middle is standing on the balcony of 10668.

MedCruise20102292.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

One way is to call NCL and simply ask. Another way is to go to the UK site and look up the cruise your interested in and when you go to choose the cabin you want you can click on more info and see all the sq. footage info on that cabin. Just don't mind the prices over there!

Oh, and a quick check over there shows:

10668 and 10168 are identical.

167 cabin sq. ft, 38 balcony sq. ft. with a total of 205 sq. ft. for those two B1 afts on deck 10.

Harriet

We have been in 10168 twice on the Gem and the balcony is much larger than 38sf. I would think more like at least 64sf(8x8), but maybe bigger. It had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and 2 small tables with room for 4-6 people to also stand.

Hmmm, then the UK site is not 100% reliable but it at least gives more info on the rooms than the US site does. Easiest way at this point would be to call NCL and ask them what the sizes are for that room on the Gem.

Harriet