In/Near FLL-Hotels on/near beach

We will have a car. Wondering about hotels very near or on the Beach in and around Fort Lauderdale. Like I said we will have a car so we don't have to be right in FLL. Any help would be appreciated. Looking for good price, maximum 350 if possible. Date: January 23, 2016. THANKS

Check out Lauderdale by the Sea, just north of Fort Lauderdale Beach:

http://www.lbts.com/

The B Ocean Resort is right on the beach.

Keep in mind that it may not be warm enough to swim in January. A few years ago we were there in Jan and it was 35 degrees. It was an unusually cold spell. Hoping you have better luck!

Keep in mind that it may not be warm enough to swim in January. A few years ago we were there in Jan and it was 35 degrees. It was an unusually cold spell. Hoping you have better luck!

That must have been the year the iguanas were falling out of the trees dead from the cold and the newspaper headlines were "will Broward County open schools tomorrow?".

While January is our coldest month and there can be a couple of days in the 50s the average January temperatures are high of 75, low of 59. The average water temperature is 70 - too cold for me but I live on the beach and there are almost always people swimming, surfing and kite surfing (the locals call them "Canadians" :D). The funniest thing I saw one January day was a guy crossing the street from the beach carrying his surfboard dressed in a wet suit and a parka with a fur lined hood which he had pulled over his head.

Edited by capriccio

That was a freak cold snap we had in 2009.

That must have been the year the iguanas were falling out of the trees dead from the cold and the newspaper headlines were "will Broward County open schools tomorrow?".

While January is our coldest month and there can be a couple of days in the 50s the average January temperatures are high of 75, low of 59. The average water temperature is 70 - too cold for me but I live on the beach and there are almost always people swimming, surfing and kite surfing (the locals call them "Canadians" :D). The funniest thing I saw one January day was a guy crossing the street from the beach carrying his surfboard dressed in a wet suit and a parka with a fur lined hood which he had pulled over his head.

We are always on the beach in January.

LOL yes, the Canadians are always the ones in the water swimming.

Check Hyatt Place on valuetrips.com. Rate should be $195 if not a blacked out date. You are a couple miles tops from the beach. Same or less to your ship. Near tons of restaurants. The hotel parking is not free but only 6 or 7$ I think. Only while staying there.