1st night in Honolulu ??!!

travelmama06

Aloha, We will be arriving in Honolulu around noon and will have the afternoon and evening open on our first day. Looking for some great suggestions to kick off our Hawaiian Holiday. The next two days before the cruise will be PCC with Circle Island Tour, Luau and Breath of Life show( feedback on this would be great as well) and the next day before the cruise will be going to pearl Harbor and city tour.

We had thought of kicking our holiday off with Chief's Luau but then decided to do the whole meal deal and see breath of life at PCC the next day instead.

Is there something in the Waikiki area that would kick off our holiday?

Thinking we will spend the afternoon at the beach etc.

Evening ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

I am not sure how long your flight will be or what time zone you are coming from but we were EXHAUSTED when we got in around 2pm. By the time we checked into our hotel and dropped off our bags we were hungry and tired. We took a walk and talked to a company about surf lessons. After an early dinner and a little exploring we went to bed at about 7!

If you have a long flight and a time change I wouldn't plan too much. We were really glad we did not have much to do this day.

Edited by beeandkmon

Same here....we arrived at 2pm...got to the hotel around 3:30pm and by 8 pm, I thought I would die if I couldn't go to bed! At 4am, I was wide awake and raring to go...but NOTHING is happening at that time of the morning!

Use your 1st day/night to get used to the time change. If there is an early morning excursion you want to do, do it on day 1 or 2.....honest. The time change is KILLER!

Sitting here at the motel my first night. We got here about 3:00pm...got a bite to eat, took a walk on the beach and are trying to stay up till at least 8:00pm. Very exhausting day. Ready to get on our cruise tomorrow! Plan on resting!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aloha, We will be arriving in Honolulu around noon and will have the afternoon and evening open on our first day. Looking for some great suggestions to kick off our Hawaiian Holiday. The next two days before the cruise will be PCC with Circle Island Tour, Luau and Breath of Life show( feedback on this would be great as well) and the next day before the cruise will be going to pearl Harbor and city tour.

We had thought of kicking our holiday off with Chief's Luau but then decided to do the whole meal deal and see breath of life at PCC the next day instead.

Is there something in the Waikiki area that would kick off our holiday?

Thinking we will spend the afternoon at the beach etc.

Evening ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

After checking in & unpacking at the hotel (Hale Koa) we took a walk along the beach and headed for "Duke's" at the outrigger hotel, where we enjoyed a couple of very potent Mai Tais before dinner. I had the Hawaiian chicken & DW had the kabobs... both were excellent. Lots of variety on the salad bar and the calamari appetizer was some of the best I've had.

Following dinner, we walked back to our hotel by way of the "main drag"... window shopping all the way.

Edited by azappraiser