Restaurant for dinner

cruznurse

Hi we will be arriving late afternoon on Friday before boarding Adventure Saturday morning. I will have my 85 yeat old mom who has some mobility issues with us and staying at the Sheraton Convention Hotel. Looking for a nice restaurant to have dinner that evening. My son mentioned the chocolate restuarant(Choco Bar I think) but does that only serve lunch? I know there is not much around the area so I know we will have to take a cab from the hotel. We have been in SJU many times as a cruise stop so not really interested in walking around town(plus mom can't walk far)...Again mom is looking for "regular" food ..whatever that is.......Any suggestions?

There's a restaurant at the Hotel, Choices, which gets decent reviews and probably comes closest to meeting your mother's desire for "regular" food.

For Puerto Rican food, On Avenida Miramar, is Casita Miramar. It's a short taxi ride away. All along Avenida Juan Ponce De Leon (around the corner from Casita Miramar) are several places. Melanzana Bistro and Pizzeria or Los Pinos Café, might also fit your desires.

We were in San Juan in April aboard the Carnival Glory. We were there from 1pm - 10pm. We ate at a wonderful restaurant named Punto de Vista. Its is a rooftop restaurant that sits on top of the Hotel Milano in Old San Juan. There is a elevator that takes you to the top. Per recommendations, we got there right before sunset and sat outside. The food was delicious and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. We will definitely go back next time we are in Puerto Rico. I had the mofongo which was delicious and DH had the churasco steak which he really enjoyed also. You can look on trip advisor and see some pictures. I would highly recommend it.

I agree with the Punto de Vista. We ate there in Feb of 2014 and we loved it. They didn't have the rooftop then (at least that we were aware of), but we had a great meal sitting outside at street level. The food was amazing and loved the mofongo. We will back there in February of 2016 and I look forward to going back there.

• 1 month later...
We were in San Juan in April aboard the Carnival Glory. We were there from 1pm - 10pm. We ate at a wonderful restaurant named Punto de Vista. Its is a rooftop restaurant that sits on top of the Hotel Milano in Old San Juan. There is a elevator that takes you to the top. Per recommendations, we got there right before sunset and sat outside. The food was delicious and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. We will definitely go back next time we are in Puerto Rico. I had the mofongo which was delicious and DH had the churasco steak which he really enjoyed also. You can look on trip advisor and see some pictures. I would highly recommend it.

I agree with the Punto de Vista. We ate there in Feb of 2014 and we loved it. They didn't have the rooftop then (at least that we were aware of), but we had a great meal sitting outside at street level. The food was amazing and loved the mofongo. We will back there in February of 2016 and I look forward to going back there.

Thank you! I put Punto de Vista on the list of places we may try when staying in San Juan two nights post-cruise in October. I think we will go to the Parrot Club for lunch on our first day. We have been there before and we really liked it.:)

close to the pier and outstanding food and drinks. It's not cheap but the chef/owner prepares great food. If you go with 6 or more there is a tasting menu and you can try everything offered that night as well as all the deserts. The white bean soup is amazing. Call to book ahead 787-724-3969. It's at 317 Forteleza in old San Juan. Opens at 5:30. We make it a point to visit on every cruise.