Meet & Greet/Questions

Popcorn12

Popcorn12 and spouse will be on the 21-28 NCL Star sailing to Alaska and would like to attend the meet and greet 22 Aug. This is our first cruise and have a lot of questions.

What is the best thing for seasickness? We have an inside cabin, #5081. Anyone stayed in that area?

Give me some favorite excursions to do in Skagway. Is the suspension bridge, white Pass railway & scenic klondike highway tour worth $159?

Thanks for any info

You need to join the Roll Call for your cruise. That is the place to meet others who are sailing with you.

To join, go to the boards menu and scroll down to Roll Calls. Click on your cruise line. Then click on your ship. Finally, click on the thread for your sailing.

Popcorn12 and spouse will be on the 21-28 NCL Star sailing to Alaska and would like to attend the meet and greet 22 Aug. This is our first cruise and have a lot of questions.

What is the best thing for seasickness? We have an inside cabin, #5081. Anyone stayed in that area?

Give me some favorite excursions to do in Skagway. Is the suspension bridge, white Pass railway & scenic klondike highway tour worth $159?

Thanks for any info

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If you go over to the Roll Call area, then click on your cruise line, then look for and click on your ship and then click on the date of your cruise you will find a roll call for those on your cruise. You can also ask them questions about the cabin.

There is also an Alaska ports of call board with a lot of good information about Alaska.

As to preparing to sea sickness there are a lot of remedies. You can purchase Bonine or Dramamine which are over the counter medications. The key is to take them before you feel sea sick. We use Bonine. You can get a prescription from your doctor for a patch and if you get motion sickness this is something to consider. There are sea bands that you can purchase at internet sites such as amazon.com or you can purchase ginger tablets.

Keith

Thanks for any info

Have not sailed on NCL - but we loved our Alaska cruise - White pass was great and we would book it again :)

I always take the patch with me - have never had to use it - but better safe than sorry. Ginger is also good remedy

Here is a link you might find helpful

http://www.youralaskacruise.com/alaska_cruise_port-top_excursions.html

Enjoy your cruise and Alaska

Thanks for any info

welcome to CC and ENJOY your time on the STAR as others have said JOIN your ROLLCALL and attend the Meet and Greet..

do searches for your other questions...Alaska board etc and you can find all sorts of remedies for seasickness...

HAVE A GREAT TIME....LOVE ALASKA:)

Thanks for any info

Dear Popcorn,

I think that tour is worth it. I would be happy to e-mail you our Alaska trip story (with pictures). Our e-mail address is: highlandpark@mindspring.com

• 4 months later...

In Skagway, the White Pass Railway tour is worth every penny! We took a bus up and the train back to town. The scenery was absolutely amazing. We spent the entire train ride on the platform between two cars because it was so beautiful we just couldn't sit inside. Take the trip--you won't regret it!

• 5 years later...

Hi Fred & Minnie

I'm confused! Are you talking about the Norwegian SUN, Aug 21-28, 2017? The N.Sun has no stateroom 5081. No one seems to have started a Roll Call or set a date for a M&G.

The N.Star is spending this August in Europe (the Baltics). Schedule not out for 2017.

Then I think you mis-posted a message about a different cruise, to South America?

Fill us in on the details for cruise to Alaska!

:)We are Fred & Minnie from the Orlando, FL area. This will be our first trip to SA and we are very excited. Hope to meet others on the cruise.

Okay, I can see what's happened. You found a thread you started some six years ago about your Alaskan cruise and are posting about a different cruise. You may want to look for the roll call for whatever cruise this is.

Also go to your public library and research the areas you are cruising to. You can also google each port and find many tourism sites that will help you plan your port stays.

Go to the website for whatever cruise line you're going on this time and you should find plenty of info on this ship.