Has anyone flew Allegiant before?

Desinico

I did one return trip with them.... thoughts...

• pay attention to the fees.... especially the baggage. If you travel heavy with luggage.... you are not going to find savings. https://www.allegiantair.com/popup/optional-services-fees
  • other airlines allow luggage up to 50 lbs before a surcharge. Allegiant is 40lbs.
  • their seats don't recline. You will not need to bring a knee defender.
  • maintenance is not one of the things they are famous for.
  • if one plane is messed up.... it will mess up others.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=allegiant+airlines

[YOUTUBE]kNDyGShvuN8[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]AibXRYnzrl8[/YOUTUBE]

You also pay for your carry-on. We have flown them a few times and they have gotten us there on time with luggage. The routes we have flown only travel 2 times a week, so I personally wouldn't use them for a cruise. You may have trouble getting there in time if there is a huge delay or cancellation.

Besides being charged for everything, they have no interline agreement with other airlines. That mean, if there's a problem with one of their planes or a cancellation, you'll have to wait for an available seat on an Allegiant flight. They won't pay to place you on an other airline. I would never choose them for time sensitive travel.

Reviews here:

http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/allegiant-air/

Ditto to the words of 6rugrats.

Would never fly them for anything time critical. Lots of maintenance problems, though not enough for an FAA grounding. When flights go MX, no interline to help you get to destination, no spare aircraft in the system, and often few flights between smaller cities and their hubs. So you would wait til the next flight with seats available, which could be days.

If you are flying out of a busy airport, buy the priority boarding. What happens on this airline is, the baggage crew and the desk check in crew are the same people. If there is more than one allegiant flight heading out, EVERYONE is in the same line, and the check in counter doesn't open until 2 hours before your flight. Therefore there could be 200+ people in your line. THEN, after that wait you head over to TSA....ugh. So whenever I fly Allegiant I pay for the priority boarding, which lets you use the priority check in line bypassing all of those 200+ people....oh the dirty looks I get when I just walk right up to the desk from the Priority Line....

Edited by mimirdh

Everything that needs to be said about Allegiant has been said, but I'll add my 2 cents.

I would NEVER fly Allegiant to catch a cruise. Their on time performance and maintenance record are enough to discard the idea. As mentioned before, they lack frequency and interline agreements, so if your flight is cancelled, chances are that there won't be another Allegiant flight to your destination for days.

Allegiant is in the process of retiring older MD-80 airplanes and replacing them with newer Airbus aircraft. But their maintenance record remains questionable. For comparison purposes, American and Delta are the 2 major airlines still operating the aging MD-80 aircraft. Allegiant filed EIGHT times as many maintenance problems as the majors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums