Saver Fare: When do you get your cabin allocation

TotallyAngelic

Hi

We have 5 weeks until our cruise, and I popped on the website to print off e-tickets etc and it said that I couldn't do it yet as cabin not allocated. Does anyone know when the cabin allocation will happen and I will be able to print off my docs. Thanks :D:confused::D

I think early saver is 5 weeks and saver is 2/3 weeks?

There is no set time. It's anywhere from booking to sailing. If you don't have it they say you sail, it will be assigned at port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi

We have 5 weeks until our cruise, and I popped on the website to print off e-tickets etc and it said that I couldn't do it yet as cabin not allocated. Does anyone know when the cabin allocation will happen and I will be able to print off my docs. Thanks :D:confused::D

I had the allocations for my March 27 cruise 3 weeks before I sailed.

I spoke to P&O only last week. I believe the lady said imthey start allocating cabins three weeks before departure and this can csrry on until a week before your departure. I guess it all depends on type of cabin and anticipated further bookings. Weve found out about 18 days before our departure and been given a good cabin. Obviously if you dont hear within the last week give them a call

RCI have given me cabin number already for October 2017 , wish P and O were as sharp

The whole point of Saver Fares is that they are slotted in to what is available after all the other bookings, so will always be allocated later in the day especially if the cabins are still selling at the higher fares.

We booked early saver in August last year for June 16 & were allocated our cabin about 1 week after booking. I was amazed! Seems to be no hard and fast rules for allocation. There are 4 of us.

Enjoy your cruise.

9 weeks 3 days :)

Edited by Belfast Belle

We booked early saver in August last year for June 16 & were allocated our cabin about 1 week after booking. I was amazed! Seems to be no hard and fast rules for allocation. There are 4 of us.

Enjoy your cruise.

9 weeks 3 days :)

Are you sure you booked Early Saver, as they don't allocate cabin until after Final Payment to avoid cancellations.

Just had our cabin allocations .... 3 and a half weeks before travel so not too bad. Situated aft of ship on Decks B and C so hopefully good as only other cabins above and below. Not cruised Oceana before so hoping those are good allocations.

Bit miffed at having to pay £10 pp per flight for seats on plane though to ensure we get to sit together. Thought that would be included.

Delighted you now have your cabin, TotallyAngelic. Having cabins above and below is always a good sign!

Unfortunately it is now the way of the airlines that we have to pay extra to guarantee sitting together. We don't usually bother and just take what comes even if we are split up, but I appreciate it is different if you have children.

Not long now, :)

Delighted you now have your cabin, TotallyAngelic. Having cabins above and below is always a good sign!

Unfortunately it is now the way of the airlines that we have to pay extra to guarantee sitting together. We don't usually bother and just take what comes even if we are split up, but I appreciate it is different if you have children.

Not long now, :)

It is indeed .. for some reason I assumed as this was all in the cruise fare it would be included, we didn't have to pay extra for our bags as you often do. If it were just my husband and I we would take the chance, but we have my Mum travelling with us and she likes to sit together so we really did it to keep her happy, as you do. No biggie really, just had the impression it would be included in the price.

Yes, I think they have us over a barrel really if it matters. We have been assigned seats together most times - but I bet we would be split up if it really did matter. Sod's law. But yes, it would make it a lot easier if included in the price.

I booked a 4 nighter for February 2017 as early saver last month and got a cabin allocated within days. Really bizarre - I was expecting it to be far later. Just hoping it's not a rubbish cabin that no one ever wants. :-)

Maybe we can help if we know which ship and cabin number.....?

Are you sure you booked Early Saver, as they don't allocate cabin until after Final Payment to avoid cancellations.

Hi Jody75

Yes definitely early saver fare. We certainly didn't expect an allocation so early but very happy with what we got. Mind you we are first timers so maybe we just don't know enough :) Ventura C717 inside cabin. Views welcome.

Edited by Belfast Belle