Door decor for the not-so-crafty

me-shel

Just off the Imagination yesterday, and thought I'd share our door banner. I'm one that likes to see people's doors decorated but I'm fairly craft-challenged so we ordered a 54x18" vertifical banner from Shindigz and were so happy with it! It was our first time ordering from them and it was a nice heavy vinyl - and my daugher is excited to have it as a keepsake.

I'm not sure how much doors vary between ships, but this was a perfect fit on the Imagination. Hopefully they're similar, because this may be our new go-to for future cruises.

30174030985_2182e6c6c3_c.jpg

LOOKS GOOD! How did you attach it to the door?

In our MANY cruises, I've never seen any door art like this one. I LIKE IT!

"SKY"

We ordered the "Attach N' Go" version that's a low-tack vinyl sticker - so the whole thing is one big peel-and-stick. Still, I got worried it might leave residue on the door so we ended up just using poster putty.

For our upcoming cruise for Halloween, I bought two skeletons at Big Lots. One is dressed as a pirate the other as a nurse. I'm attaching them to the mail box - swinging off of it. The I have battery operated mini lights that I will intertwine in between. I won't put anything on the door, I'm too afraid of damaging the door.

Carnival does have rule regarding decorations. Like so many things Carnival the enforcement varies from ship to ship. At least you will be prepared.

Decorating Your Stateroom Door and Stateroom

We recognize some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door as well as the interior of your stateroom.

Only use fire retardant materials; items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable.

Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings.

To affix materials to your stateroom door, you may use magnets and Command Strips.

Do not use adhesives such as tape or glue that will leave residue.

Over-the-door hanging organizers may only be used if they are fire retardant and do not damage the door. (Must hang inside the stateroom.)

No decorations of any kind on balconies.

No string lights of any kind.

For our upcoming cruise for Halloween, I bought two skeletons at Big Lots. One is dressed as a pirate the other as a nurse. I'm attaching them to the mail box - swinging off of it. The I have battery operated mini lights that I will intertwine in between. I won't put anything on the door, I'm too afraid of damaging the door.

Well, springs741 beat me to it. Read the guidelines posted. You can only put decorations on your door (not your mail box). As recommended, use Command Strips (or Command hooks). They won't damage the door or leave any residue. And no mini lights allowed on the outside of your cabin. Save the mini lights for decorating on the inside. Also, don't use anything of great value. I've read of decorations being stolen or damaged on some cruises.

Well, springs741 beat me to it. Read the guidelines posted. You can only put decorations on your door (not your mail box). As recommended, use Command Strips (or Command hooks). They won't damage the door or leave any residue. And no mini lights allowed on the outside of your cabin. Save the mini lights for decorating on the inside. Also, don't use anything of great value. I've read of decorations being stolen or damaged on some cruises.

We're cruising on Princess not Carnival. Also, my investment is under $10. I'd be concerned if we were going to have a lot of children on our cruise and find the decorations stolen. Last year Princess placed Xmas ornaments on every mail box. Very festive.

We're cruising on Princess not Carnival. Also, my investment is under $10. I'd be concerned if we were going to have a lot of children on our cruise and find the decorations stolen. Last year Princess placed Xmas ornaments on every mail box. Very festive.

Since your post is here on the Carnival board, I assumed you were cruising on Carnival. Each cruise line has it's own policies as to what is and is not allowed. Obviously, Princess's guidelines are different than Carnival's. I have read that there is at least one ship's captain (for Carnival) that does not like the doors to be decorated and has staff members remove any decorations they see.

Does anyone know if Carnival prevents you from decorating your door?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I decorated my door a few weeks ago, and no one said anything. All I did was to bring a roll of birthday wrap from the Dollar Tree. It took three sheets, which was the entire roll. At Catalina Island, we bought some curling ribbon and taped that onto the gift wrap. Before we left, we took everything off.

Since your post is here on the Carnival board, I assumed you were cruising on Carnival. Each cruise line has it's own policies as to what is and is not allowed. Obviously, Princess's guidelines are different than Carnival's. I have read that there is at least one ship's captain (for Carnival) that does not like the doors to be decorated and has staff members remove any decorations they see.

I've decorated our door on both lines. Never had any problems except for on Carnival where kids took the decorations off and threw them on the floor. It was on this same cruise that kids stuck ice cream into the elevator keys. This is another reason why we try to cruise when the brats are in school.:cool: