Kauai Tour - Wailua River and Fern Grotto

kidder kid

Has anyone done the Wailua River and Fern Grotto tour? We are doing a helicopter tour of the Waimea Canyon in the morning and the Wialua River and Fern Grotto tour fits our timing for the afternoon. Just want to see if anyone has done it and thinks it is worthwhile.

Carolyn

I did a ground combo tour of the Waimea Canyon, Wailua River and Fern Grotto tour and decided afterwards that if I had the choice again would not do the river or grotto. We were not impressed, but other people have just loved it. You take a boat up (or down) the river and with performers on board to the Grotto. The walk to the Grotto is an uneven path that can be very slippery if it has rained, through the rainforrest. Once there you stand while you are sung to again. I guess it depends upon your stamina and health, not good for bad knees or backs. Other people just love it, so I am just one opinion.

Personally, we have done both the Canyon (loved it--tour thru Roberts) and River/Grotto tour which we did not like at all. Previous poster gave the exact reasons that we did not care for it--slippery, and no special deal. River trip was just another river trip! I would not waste my money again, that's for sure!

The fern grotto/Wailua River tour is nothing special. The fern grotto has not been the same since the hurricanes and flooding destroyed much of it. Visitors are no longer allowed into the grotto since 2007 so you have to view it from the observation deck. The Waimea Canyon and Na Pali coast are definitely worth seeing!

Hmm. Heard there is a 2-for-1 coupon in one of those booklets. We were thinking of doing the Fern Grotto using the coupon. But if it's really nothing special, I guess we don't need to spend time on that.

In a previous cruise we did the helicoptor tour, which was great. This time we have 1.5 days in Kauai and are planning to do the airplane tour in the morning. After that can rent a car to drive around.

If we don't do Fern Grotto, I guess the first day we can follow by Waimean Canyon, then Poipu Beach. The next day can do Princeville, Hanalei Bay, and Ke'e Beach in the morning.

Hmm. Heard there is a 2-for-1 coupon in one of those booklets. We were thinking of doing the Fern Grotto using the coupon. But if it's really nothing special, I guess we don't need to spend time on that.

In a previous cruise we did the helicoptor tour, which was great. This time we have 1.5 days in Kauai and are planning to do the airplane tour in the morning. After that can rent a car to drive around.

If we don't do Fern Grotto, I guess the first day we can follow by Waimean Canyon, then Poipu Beach. The next day can do Princeville, Hanalei Bay, and Ke'e Beach in the morning.

Better idea.;)

We really enjoyed the riverboat ride in Kauai. We didn't just do the river though, we went on a great tour of Kauai as well. We loved it, we saw so much of the island with a tour guide and van, Kauai is just beautiful, and then we got to relax on a nice ride up the river. We thought is was a great way to see Kauai.

Archived