Carnival Glory after dry dock

bitofun

Eric is the cruise director. We just got off the ship this morning ... everything was really great ... and they open the water works yesterday while we were there All is good to go !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to hear you had a great time! Did you take pictures of the waterworks area by chance? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off the Glory today,

they opened water works yesterday,

We had a great cruise. There was some hit and miss areas that work was still going on.

This is by no means a complaint

But overall I thought the ship looked old in many areas. the windows along the promenade were filthy.

You couldn't see. The windows on deck 1 and 2 outside cabins were filthy. you could hardly see thru them.

The carpets in the hallways were thread barren. deck 1 and 2.

There was the need for a lot of painting around outside decks. Rails and handles were black like the workers from the dry dock had dirty hands.

There was new carpet in the dining room and the landing areas by the elevators.

I have cruised a lot and I would not have thought twice about the ship conditions. except it just came out of dry dock. I guess I had higher standards due to the recent dry dock.

That was my fault for thinking that it would look like new after only 2 weeks

We had a great time and the crew did a great job for us in all areas.

is the aft pool still adults only?[/quot

Aft pool (Azure) was loaded with kids the entire Cruise 3/18 sailing Glory. There were times the only seat available was at the bar. Also adult supervision was questionable as life vests are available. Saw parents put a jacket on kids with limited swimming skills, and let them swim as the adult went face down sun bathing. At one count there was 2 adults and 25 kids aged 5 and under ( some still diaper age) in the pool. Forget the hot tubs, too many kids jumping in and out. Serenity hot tubs looked restricted to adults when I was there, but no place to get a cool drink was very close. Disappointed in Carnival's explanation that because the slides were closed, Azure was made family friendly. We were not informed about this even when I asked via pre cruise phone call. Hope it's back to business as usual now that slides are open.

Hi, do u have any current updates? Mostly worried about the water slide being available for my kids to use.. we sail on April 1st.

Water slides were opened Friday afternoon around 4pm. Hope they are still working when you sail. Children were allowed everywhere because of this and the adult (Azure) area looked like a Day Care Center. Can't blame the kids, but parents who save the limited number or deck chairs with life jackets that their kids should be wearing need a reality check.

Water slides were opened Friday afternoon around 4pm. Hope they are still working when you sail. Children were allowed everywhere because of this and the adult (Azure) area looked like a Day Care Center. Can't blame the kids, but parents who save the limited number or deck chairs with life jackets that their kids should be wearing need a reality check.

That's a good sign to hear that they were up. Thanks for the update.

is the aft pool still adults only?[/quot

Aft pool (Azure) was loaded with kids the entire Cruise 3/18 sailing Glory. There were times the only seat available was at the bar. Also adult supervision was questionable as life vests are available. Saw parents put a jacket on kids with limited swimming skills, and let them swim as the adult went face down sun bathing. At one count there was 2 adults and 25 kids aged 5 and under ( some still diaper age) in the pool. Forget the hot tubs, too many kids jumping in and out. Serenity hot tubs looked restricted to adults when I was there, but no place to get a cool drink was very close. Disappointed in Carnival's explanation that because the slides were closed, Azure was made family friendly. We were not informed about this even when I asked via pre cruise phone call. Hope it's back to business as usual now that slides are open.

There were signs hanging around the aft pool saying this is a family friendly pool.

They were paper and not real types of signs, We thought that it was a just for this cruise due to the slide being down.

The pools and slides are all open on the Glory. Carnival had a huge ribbon cutting ceremony after thec3/18-3/25 cruise. Now it's a big deal. Nothing more for cruisers who put up with the inconvenience caused from the closings. Just an "hope to see you again in the future." Blah Blah Blah form letter. I'm sure you're family will have a great cruise on a ship thats 100% ship shape.