Now down to 3! Glory,Splendor or Magic

helene109

You are right the 8 day Magic does have 3 sea days good point!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, but you aren't losing a port for a sea day. All of your options have 4 ports. You just lose a day of vacation with the Glory since it is only 7 days. If the only thing you like about the Glory is HMC, then just go with the Magic for this vacation & then you have another reason to go on another cruise after this one :cool: I'm sure you can find cheap Carnival cruises to the Bahamas that call HMC.

The one day would not be a big deal breaker for me seeing that it will be an extra seaday anyway. I am more for the adventure. By the extra seaday I would have already known the ship.

I don't think I could get used to that pink color on the Splendor. This ship is like carnival's odd ship out. Never interested in going on it since it's major issues a few years ago. You have already Been on the Dream. Time to try a conquest class ship. The Glory off be in Dry Dock 2/25 -3/10 so it will still be in good condition by the time of your cruise.

Go and have a GLORY-ous time

Thanks again everyone now to eliminated the Splendor doesn't look like it has as many amenities. Trying to see the difference between the two as like I said kids being older the ropes and water area doesn't matter I wonder what the difference is in airfare ?

Thanks again everyone now to eliminated the Splendor doesn't look like it has as many amenities. Trying to see the difference between the two as like I said kids being older the ropes and water area doesn't matter I wonder what the difference is in airfare ?

I liked the ports best on the Spledor, but if you're wanting the most ship amenities then that would be the Magic. Where are you flying from? Port of Miami is closer to their airport than Port Canaveral is to Orlando airport. But I don't like sailing from Miami.

• 2 months later...

Hope you enjoyed the Glory. :) There were 8 of us that went, and I do a lot of cruising, but had never been on this ship, nor hand any of the other 7, but don't believe any of us found any particular problems that couldn't be taken care of. :)

Last July we went to Disney! 9 days & 3 hotels! Planned to do two but on the way to the 2nd hotel my 17 yr old son kept complaining of stomach pain for the first 3 days he finally said he wanted to go to urgent care! Yep 3 doctors and two hospitals later, his appendix needed to be removed! I got the insurance! I added an extra day we missed 3 days! I don't think my family wants to go back to Orlando just yet lol

Went with the Glory kids too old for the ropes course and Splendor was missing a few of the things the other ships had and actually less expensive!

Out of curiosity I am wondering why you think your kids our too old for the ropes course. My son in his 30's and my husband in his 60's both loved the ropes course.

• 3 weeks later...

Been on Magic twice and Glory three times. After my latest Glory cruise (embarked 4/29/17), I won't be on the Glory again but would sail Magic anytime.

Issues with the Glory- longest muster drill in my 50 cruises and we had to stand outside and wait for them to scan everyone's cards. Disembarking was nearly as bad - two lines to get your cards scanned and of course, our scanner wasn't working. I understand things go wrong, but have a backup plan.

AC was out for over an hour during a sea day. And the elevators were not working the first day. This cruise was post-dry dock.

As to the Splendor, I have no desire to sail another old Carnival ship. My recent cruise on the Paradise convinced me that bigger and newer is better.

So my vote is for the Magic. Interested to see which you pick and why.

We sailed the Paradise 2 years agreed too small but loved ports and the food. Went with the Glory! Really liked the itinerary and that it is a 7 day! Don't really need to do an excursion it is eastern! Big difference in airfare 1/2 my family wanted the Magic it was a really hard decision. Also my dad is in a nursing home and with a 7 day I can see him the next day with the Magic it would be the following weekend! I won't rule out the Magic but will never go on a fantasy ship again! We have also been in the Dream,Fantasy many years ago and Victory