Dream in New Orleans

Has anyone sailed the Dream out of NOLA recently? I am thinking about booking a cruise in October. I haven't sailed on a Dream class ship. Would the Dream be a good choice? Please provide any reviews or advice.:cool:

C'Mon man! You've ask this question before and it has been answered. What are you afraid of? Just book the Dream and go on the cruise. It's got all of the same stuff (with a few exceptions) that the other dream class ships have. It just got out of dry dock and those that have sailed it, said it looks great. I have sailed the Dream 3 times and have never had a bad cruise. Book it Dano. :cool:

We sailed the Dream out of New Orleans March of 2016. It was our favorite ship ever until we sailed the Magic last week. The Magic is so similar to the Dream, but just a little bit better. We loved the Dream and would certainly sail her again!

We sailed on the dream march 2016 and jan 2017 , both times we loved it. The best dining room service we have ever had on any cruise. Loved the atruim bar, comedy club and serenity deck. Will sail her again, i am sure multiply times.

We sailed on the dream march 2016 and jan 2017 , both times we loved it. The best dining room service we have ever had on any cruise. Loved the atruim bar, comedy club and serenity deck. Will sail her again, i am sure multiply times.

Do you have pictures of the serenity deck?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I cruised on the Dream in February 2016. I had a great time. My previous experiences had been on the Miracle and RCC's Rhapsody of the Seas. So the Dream was a little larger passenger-wise but they added more dining rooms so I didn't mind the size.

we have cruised on the dream 4 times and we sail cruise on her again next week(16 Apr) and we are looking forward to it. The Dream is our favorite ship. Just big enough and lots of fun stuff to do. Just do it and you won't be sorry.

I just completed my first cruise on the Dream about a week ago and I have to say I was impressed. i always said I did not like the larger ships with the Freedom class my favorite. Well....... I am changing that now. The Dream was great and with over 4,000 people aboard there was not a feeling of being very overcrowded. I did not try the pools because kids were everywhere but it was spring break. We were lucky enough to snag the last OV on the ship when I called my PVP. Remember, don't stop at the first line you see. Usually there is another faster moving line elsewhere. And the Pig and Anchor was to die for. I really enjoyed my 7 nights and trying to get back there again maybe next January or February.

No rougher than any other port.

I'm curious. Why would you think any different?

We've cruised out of Florida which has generally fine been fine with a rough night here and there, as well as out of New York in the winter which was quite rough. So I was just curious.

We've cruised out of Florida which has generally fine been fine with a rough night here and there, as well as out of New York in the winter which was quite rough. So I was just curious.

Cruising out of NOLA, it takes about 8 hours to reach the Gulf. Smooth sailing near a port really has no effect on waters a day or two or three into the cruise. Weather can change quickly. Great today, not so great in 2 days.

Wondering how rough sailing is out of New Orleans? I've booked the Dream for next January.

We are also cruising out of NOLA next January. The historical data for the Gulf of Mexico, that I found, stated that we have around a 45% chance to encounter seas in excess of 5 feet. How much in excess of 5 feet I do not know. So, that means we have a 55% chance of having relatively smooth seas. IMHO it's a crap shoot anyway, so you get what you get. ;)

:)

Wondering how rough sailing is out of New Orleans? I've booked the Dream for next January.

We have sailed out of Nola all but 2 out of 9 cruises, and each time the sailing was smooth in the Mississippi River. Twice we hit rougher seas in the Gulf of Mexico, but the ship was pretty steady. I hope this helps. Have a great cruise!!