Transfers to and from Airport

houndhome

Hi Everyone! We are taking the Pride of America Cruise in Hawaii, I was looking thought the forum and didn't see any recent comments so I thought I would ask. What is the best way to get from the airport to the ship and back to the airport? We are flying in same day as the cruise and home on the last day of the cruise so there are no hotel stops. Thank you in advance.

Edited by houndhome

Use this direct LINK to find out about NCL port-airport transfers:

https://www.ncl.com/getting-to-the-pier/transfers-and-car-services

NCL's program is not the most expensive or the least.

Depending on the flight schedule there are other options.

Again to the OP the specific ports and scheduled flights involved are needed to offer help.

Also being in a suite with Concierge services may help by minutes getting on and off the

ship timely to make the transfer services available that work.

Hi Everyone! We are taking the Pride of America Cruise in Hawaii, I was looking thought the forum and didn't see any recent comments so I thought I would ask. What is the best way to get from the airport to the ship and back to the airport? We are flying in same day as the cruise and home on the last day of the cruise so there are no hotel stops. Thank you in advance.

There are a number of things to consider.

Generally speaking it is much cheaper and efficient for a couple or more to grab a taxi or arrange for a car at the arriving airport. However, you must consider dependability of the airline as well as the weather and time that the ship leaves that day and what time your flight arrives. If this is an issue, then it may be best to do ship's transfer, or if offered, ship's air which hopefully would guarantee either your arrival or transfer to the next port.

For returning home, it is extremely unusual for the ship not to arrive on time. After all, they have another boat-load to bring on board! We usually do our own air and again, either grab a taxi or arrange for a car to pick us up.

I have just purchased air with Princess which guarantees that they will get us to the ship even if the flight is delayed. This may mean we would embark on the next port. Because we are arriving at Rome airport same day and it is 1 1/2 hrs to get to the port along with an early departure, we also purchased transfers. peace of mind.

For the end of the cruise, we arrive in Ft. Lauderdale. We fully expect to arrive on time. We have a self-purchased online flight home and we will use a taxi to get to the airport.

This is a bit lengthy, but I hope it gives you some food for thought.

Catch a taxi. The port is very close to the airport.