St john on your own tour excursion

Pier290

Hello. Has anyone taken this excursion? And if so where does the ferry drop you off exactly? Are you close to Trunk Bay? I don't want to have to be traveling all over the place once we get there. I'm hoping that we are super close to Trunk Bay as that is where we would like to end up for the day. Any advice?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

If you are talking about the ship's tour then the boat picks you up right at the pier where your ship docks and then drops at Cruz Bay. If you are going to do this trip on your own, you will need to take a taxi to the ferry first, then the ferry, then a taxi to the beach. This is one of the new ships' tours that I found worth while.

If you are talking about the ship's tour then the boat picks you up right at the pier where your ship docks and then drops at Cruz Bay. If you are going to do this trip on your own, you will need to take a taxi to the ferry first, then the ferry, then a taxi to the beach. This is one of the new ships' tours that I found worth while.

Doing the ships tour with travel time on ferry round trip would you happen to know how long you are actually at St Johns the description of the tour says 6.5 hours total trip time

Thank you

That sounds about right. We left the dock in Havensight about 9:15am, made it to Cruz Bay by 10am, headed back to Havensight about 3pm. We were on the Summit, not sure if the S class ships dock there or at Crown Bay now. From Havensight it is just easier and almost cheaper by the time you factor in taxis, ferries, etc.

That sounds about right. We left the dock in Havensight about 9:15am, made it to Cruz Bay by 10am, headed back to Havensight about 3pm. We were on the Summit, not sure if the S class ships dock there or at Crown Bay now. From Havensight it is just easier and almost cheaper by the time you factor in taxis, ferries, etc.

My understanding is we dock at Crown Bay we also are on Summit does that alter the timeline much

Do a ship's excursion to St. John...there are multiple transport issues....to the ferry...from the ferry to a beach...back to the ferry...back to the ship. The ship's excursion on St. John is what I recommend....and I hardly EVER do an excursion..whether ship's or private!

Going to St John is one of the few times I prefer the ship's excursions. Much easier than trying to find your way there on your own. Gave us a lot of time on the island without any worries about making it back on time and fighting traffic.

I also recommend doing this as a ship excursion. They pick you up right at the dock and bring you right back to the dock. At least they did when Celebrity ships docked at Havensight. Not sure how it works from Crown Bay. Would assume they would just move the ferry over there.

Once arrived at St. John, it's a short taxi ride to the beach. There are many taxis waiting to transport you.

Doing it on your own requires taking a cab to Red Hook (even farther from Crown Bay), catching the ferry to St. John, then doing the reverse on the way back. From Crown Bay, you have to fight the downtown St. Thomas traffic both ways. I figured out the cost was about equal but there was a lot more hassle doing it on your own.

Linda

I think, but I am not sure that Crown Bay is actually closer than Havensight but it is not a huge difference. The whole transport thing with taxis and traffic risks and ferry schedules make the ship's tour a better deal. One more thing, have a plan B for your time in St. John. We did a walking tour and then had our free time and grabbed a cab to a beach and as soon as we got there, tropical showers....So we found our way back to Cruz Bay and wandered some more before we caught the boat back to the Summit. It is the tropics and it can and does rain sometimes.

Thanks everyone for the info

Read on previous posts that the ferry goes from Crown to Havensight to pick up passengers there but seeing we are suppose to be the only ship in port that day don't think that will be an issue or will it

As people said it ate up almost an extra hour of time in St John

• 5 months later...