buying Ting

jaxkai

ok im wanting to buy Ting to bring home my question is can you buy it here and where would i buy it and one more question, how much is it single or 6 pack

blame mathew mcconaughey guy and guy fieri for making ting drinks and making me curious.

I used to carry home a case every trip on my boat too . . . it is no more expensive than other soft drinks . . . in the islands anyway

ask a taxi to take you to a grocery ....

in Miami you can usually find it at Publix supermarkets .. a wee bit more $$, look for the islands foods area . . .

while the price is silly ... you don't have to schlep it around if you just order and have it shipped to your house

http://tingsoda.com/

Capt BJ .... Does the Publix where you live in Melbourne have Ting?

LuLu

Can't say I've looked hard for it ... but have not noticed it - I don't do my primary shopping in Publix in Melb' .... I use the Patrick AFB commissary.

I'll try to look for it next time I go to Publix ....

Spousal unit and kids liked it, so I brought it home for them. Kids are gone now and dw is off sugary drinks . . .

Shasta has a grapefruit pop that's pretty close . . . and sugar free

Can't say I've looked hard for it ... but have not noticed it - I don't do my primary shopping in Publix in Melb' .... I use the Patrick AFB commissary.

I'll try to look for it next time I go to Publix ....

Spousal unit and kids liked it, so I brought it home for them. Kids are gone now and dw is off sugary drinks . . .

Shasta has a grapefruit pop that's pretty close . . . and sugar free

Please don't go to any trouble. Just wanted to taste it. We always stay at that full service Holiday Inn in Melbourne on I-95 when going to FLL.

I need sugar free so I'll try the Shasta grapefruit!

Thanks, LuLu

ok im wanting to buy Ting to bring home my question is can you buy it here and where would i buy it and one more question, how much is it single or 6 pack

blame mathew mcconaughey guy and guy fieri for making ting drinks and making me curious.

Tastes like Fresca, if you remember that.

Excellent with either rum or vodka.

You can get it on many of the islands, don't limit your search to GC. Seems I got my last few in Barbados....

it comes from Jamaica! Originally anyway ...

"Ting soda is made from 100% Jamaican grapefruit with no preservatives ..."

You might also be on the lookout for a 'Caribbean foods specialty store' ... not common but they do exist

here's a teaser ..... there is a pink grapefruit Ting too . . .

it comes from Jamaica! Originally anyway ...

"Ting soda is made from 100% Jamaican grapefruit with no preservatives ..."

You might also be on the lookout for a 'Caribbean foods specialty store' ... not common but they do exist

here's a teaser ..... there is a pink grapefruit Ting too . . .

Ooooh that sounds delicious!!!

ever heard of a soft drink called Squirt? Also a grapefruit based one ... label says 'citrus' .. it seems grapefruit to me and comes up that way if you Google Search for 'squirt soda pop'

as a kid I recall it was under the Canada Dry brand but today I see it on the shelf at TARGET w/out and Canada Dry label so I dunno who's bottling it

12965435.jpg

http://www.target.com/p/squirt-grapefruit-soda-12-oz-12-pk/-/A-12965435

I think my dad used it as a Tom Collins mixer . . .

and there's Canfield's "50 / 50" which is grapefruit and lime

canfields_50-50.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ

ever heard of a soft drink called Squirt? Also a grapefruit based one ... label says 'citrus' .. it seems grapefruit to me and comes up that way if you Google Search for 'squirt soda pop'

as a kid I recall it was under the Canada Dry brand but today I see it on the shelf at TARGET w/out and Canada Dry label so I dunno who's bottling it

12965435.jpg

http://www.target.com/p/squirt-grapefruit-soda-12-oz-12-pk/-/A-12965435

I think my dad used it as a Tom Collins mixer . . .

and there's Canfield's "50 / 50" which is grapefruit and lime

canfields_50-50.jpg

Yes! Actually 50/50 is very much like Ting in my opinion. I like 50/50 for cocktails and straight as well!

lol, now you guys have me wanting to go look for a squirt and a fresca to take on the cruise to compare with the ting they offer to see which one i like best. maybe i should make it a taste test competition:)

ok so im out at a different wally world shopping with the 5yo granddaughter who is touching everything and asking a zillion questions.... and she says whats this gramma??? couldnt believe my eyes but there on the shelf are bottles and bottles of TING, for 1.77 i think but i brought one home :) will try as soon as it is cold

jacksonville fl, now to try and remember what aisle it was in 5yo's are very distracting:)

i think it was the aisle with the big huge jugs of pickles or the spanish food aisle and the section of the shelf was just full of the bottles sitting there.

have you tried it yet? did it live up to expectations?

I seem to recall the bottle often had some solids from the juice - so a mild shake or at least a flip or two was in order. It is mildly carbonated so this was safe to do . . .

• 2 weeks later...

ok once i found a bottle opener, thank you boss :) it was cold and tart and refeshing and seemed very sweet.

so yes i liked it and i might get some more but it was similar to fresca. Have to say i liked the ting better but its very expensive for a small bottle. thanks to every one for all the help and in 17 days i will be having a ting cocktail lol :)