Things to do on Ronys tour

newcastlemam

We will be in Roatan in November for the first time and have booked Rony to show us round the island.

My kids have decided that Daniels monkey sanctuary is a must do, I would also like to visit a local school or orphanage and hand out gifts. We also have the canopy bridge walk on our maybe list is there anything else we shouldn't miss.

I would like some time at a beach where I could rent a paddle board don't want lessons just to hire one for an hour or so any suggestions of a nice beach that this would be available?

Also any other suggestions of things not to be missed. I'm 27 my hubby is 33 and we have two girls aged 10 and 7 we love fun activities and the girls love animals, OK me and the girls love animals. We have zip lined before in San Juan just me and the hubby, unsure if my older daughter will have the guts to do it and with us already doing it not sure if it would be worth doing it again unless Roatan is much better than San Juan. Any advice of which zip line in Roatan is the best would be good, also if anyone has done the zip line in both San Juan and Roatan is one bigger/better.

Sorry for the long winded post thanks in advance for the help.

You picked the right folks for that kind of tour. Rony will take great care of you and your family. He specialized in the orphanage visitation for guests so he will take you over there for sure. The monkeys is a lot of fun. We did it once before and it was a good time. We go over to West Bay Beach, ranked one of the best in the world, and they have paddleboards there at Bananarama. Cool place to hang out and they have food/drinks right there at the Thirsty Turtle. I believe Rony says it is $10 to get in there and that includes a drink and a beach chair. Cheap way to go. So Rony can definitely fit in a trip to the orphanage, the monkeys, and some beach time at Bananarama.

Doubt you will have time but West End Village is also on the west end of the island. Pretty cool place to shop and eat.

You picked the right folks for that kind of tour. Rony will take great care of you and your family. He specialized in the orphanage visitation for guests so he will take you over there for sure. The monkeys is a lot of fun. We did it once before and it was a good time. We go over to West Bay Beach, ranked one of the best in the world, and they have paddleboards there at Bananarama. Cool place to hang out and they have food/drinks right there at the Thirsty Turtle. I believe Rony says it is $10 to get in there and that includes a drink and a beach chair. Cheap way to go. So Rony can definitely fit in a trip to the orphanage, the monkeys, and some beach time at Bananarama.

Doubt you will have time but West End Village is also on the west end of the island. Pretty cool place to shop and eat.

Would you advise the beach over the canopy bridge tour ?

Would you advise the beach over the canopy bridge tour ?

If you are looking for great beach time, definitely. The Canopy tours are great there as well though but it would be hard for me to pass up West Bay Beach. Just me personally though.

• 4 weeks later...

Rony will make sure you have a great day. He can take you directly to his neighborhood so your children can meet local children if you'd like. The kids are so thankful for everything.

We really like South Shore Canopy - higher than Puerto Rico - 13 zips. West Bay Beaches are pristine - crystal clear - definitely visit. The monkeys and sloths are just adorable.

• 1 month later...
How many kids at the orphanage??? Asking because I bring them a gift, I want to make sure I have enough for everyone....

As an idea ~ Instead of gifts ask your tour operator which orphanage you are going to and have a look at their "wish list". Often times the most basis of things are needed far more then a random toy.

I'm going solo, and have booked with Rony's outfit. The two main things I want to hit are the zip line and the monkey/sloth hangout. I assume this will still leave a portion of the day open... Snorkeling and shopping don't really interest me, for some reason. Can I say something like "just take me sightseeing, show me whatever you think I should see"?