Beachers

FraudBroad

On our fourth trip to Roatan we wanted to try a different place. We'd always gone to Bananarama but didn't like the fact they don't have umbrellas with the loungers.

This time around we pre booked with Beachers. Our driver was right there waiting for us exactly at the place and time agreed upon. Beachers is located right down the beach from Bananarama so we knew how long the drive would take.

Once we arrived they showed us to the beach and we picked out our loungers for the day. Our waiter was Dave and he was exceptional. My oldest wanted to go paddle boarding and he walked down the beach to find a place to rent one for her and even carried it all of the way back!

The food and drinks were excellent. We found the same quality that we'd always had at Bananarama. The difference for the day was the level of service we received. It was simply second to none!

The wifi was great, strong signal even sitting in the lounger (under big umbrellas) right on the beach. Overall, we found Beachers to be less crowded and noisy as Banaarama has become.

If you're looking for a new place in Roatan please give Beachers a try. You won't be disappointed!!!

We booked online prior to our cruise, no deposit, and paid $45 per person. This included the round trip transportation, lounger/umbrella and welcome drink.

Great to hear it! We are still debating on which beach location on West Bay we want to go to this time around. We rent a driver for the day but need to choose one. Bananarama was already out for us although we do like them. We know all about Beachers but never stayed there... maybe we will this time. Thank you.

Great to hear it! We are still debating on which beach location on West Bay we want to go to this time around. We rent a driver for the day but need to choose one. Bananarama was already out for us although we do like them. We know all about Beachers but never stayed there... maybe we will this time. Thank you.

Bro...when you finish swimming to there from the Woodlands :D, I think you'll enjoy Beachers very much.

Thanks for review. How far from there to walk to snorkel area? Do they have lockers?

We didn't need a locker so I didn't ask...sorry I can't answer! As far as snorkeling they advised to go out in a boat. I think it was $25 per person and we didn't bother.

Thanks for the report. Were you told a time for return or could you decide on a time yourself?

You could decide on your own! The driver works right there so we were actually able to adjust the time! Found it much better than last time we'd gone to Bananarama. There were three different groups in the van that brought us over and we all wanted to return at different times. The driver was NOT happy and made that clear to all of us!

We didn't need a locker so I didn't ask...sorry I can't answer! As far as snorkeling they advised to go out in a boat. I think it was $25 per person and we didn't bother.

You could decide on your own! The driver works right there so we were actually able to adjust the time! Found it much better than last time we'd gone to Bananarama. There were three different groups in the van that brought us over and we all wanted to return at different times. The driver was NOT happy and made that clear to all of us!

Thanks! Was trying to determine how far along the beach you were from Infinity?

I'm really not sure but I think we were at the other end of the beach. I think Infinity is close by where they have the huge slide in the water. If that's the case then we were on the opposite end!

Thanks for the report - I too was underwhelmed with Bananarama.

Will give Beachers a try next time.

Please do! You won't be disappointed! I found the service at Beachers to be SO much better. Like I said, we'd been to Bananarama three times previous...and the last time in December I was disappointed. It had gotten crowded and the driver we had wanted all of us to go back at the same time. We had 4 different groups and everyone wanted to go back at a different time. He made it very clear to us that didn't make him happy. I understand his reasoning, but that's not MY problem...especially when I'm on vacation!

Please do! You won't be disappointed! I found the service at Beachers to be SO much better. Like I said, we'd been to Bananarama three times previous...and the last time in December I was disappointed. It had gotten crowded and the driver we had wanted all of us to go back at the same time. We had 4 different groups and everyone wanted to go back at a different time. He made it very clear to us that didn't make him happy. I understand his reasoning, but that's not MY problem...especially when I'm on vacation!

One more time!

Did you dock at Coxen hole? Did you meet the driver outside the gates?

We usually get a driver for the day too, like BrotherCraig. Did you have a taxi or a bus?

One more time!

Did you dock at Coxen hole? Did you meet the driver outside the gates?

We usually get a driver for the day too, like BrotherCraig. Did you have a taxi or a bus?

Haha! Yes, we docked at Coxen Hole. You walk right out of the port and he was standing across the street with a Beachers sign with my name on it. He works for Beachers so it was their van. He drove us both ways so it was super easy. Really a nice guy and not a crazy driver. The round trip transportation is included in the $45 price. Because he worked right there, he was totally flexible in when we went back! When he brought us over we just asked if we could go back between 3 and 4. He was super accommodating!

Haha! Yes, we docked at Coxen Hole. You walk right out of the port and he was standing across the street with a Beachers sign with my name on it. He works for Beachers so it was their van. He drove us both ways so it was super easy. Really a nice guy and not a crazy driver. The round trip transportation is included in the $45 price. Because he worked right there, he was totally flexible in when we went back! When he brought us over we just asked if we could go back between 3 and 4. He was super accommodating!

Thanks!

The whole of West Bay can be walked in about 15/20 mins, no matter where one is on the beach Infinity is easy to get to.

Beacher's is about three properties down from Foster's, Foster's being the very far end of the beach from Grand Roatan.

I am pleased as punch to hear Bananarama has some competition in the transport included arena.

I'm really not sure but I think we were at the other end of the beach. I think Infinity is close by where they have the huge slide in the water. If that's the case then we were on the opposite end!

This is what is in front of Infinity Bay.

http://www.detourroatan.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/WEST-BAY-BEACH-5.jpg

Edited by BrotherCraig

• 2 months later...
Could we stay at Beacher's and walk down to snorkel by 'the kidney" is their snorkeling in front of Beachers?

Yes, you can spend the day at Beacher's and walk down just past Infinity's L shaped dock to the kidney.

You can snorkle any place you like BUT the boat free reef snorkeling is down just past Infinity. You may not see much of anything in front of Beacher's unless you wish to swim out to the reef, it is a fair distance and you will be dodging boats.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you can spend the day at Beacher's and walk down just past Infinity's L shaped dock to the kidney.

You can snorkle any place you like BUT the boat free reef snorkeling is down just past Infinity. You may not see much of anything in front of Beacher's unless you wish to swim out to the reef, it is a fair distance and you will be dodging boats.

Thanks for the info - this is our first time to port in Roatan - we are on the Caribbean Princess porting I believe in Mahogany Bay. We are "casual" snorkelers ( meaning we know how but not experts!). We want to be able to snorkel from shore on this trip and I am not sure what the "kidney" is - so would we be better off at Bananarama or Beachers?

Thanks for the info - this is our first time to port in Roatan - we are on the Caribbean Princess porting I believe in Mahogany Bay. We are "casual" snorkelers ( meaning we know how but not experts!). We want to be able to snorkel from shore on this trip and I am not sure what the "kidney" is - so would we be better off at Bananarama or Beachers?

If you wish easy access to walk in reef snorkeling steps from your longer go to Tabyana, it is a day pass only bit of land between Infinity Bay Resort and Grand Roatan Resort. This thread has heaps of info with maps on snorkeling West Bay.

Or, set up at Beacher's/Bananarama and walk down the beach to just past Infinity's L shaped dock. Or snorkle from the shore at Beacher's/Bananarama, but you will be dodging boats, there is no reef and may not be much of anything to see.

If you wish easy access to walk in reef snorkeling steps from your longer go to Tabyana, it is a day pass only bit of land between Infinity Bay Resort and Grand Roatan Resort. This thread has heaps of info with maps on snorkeling West Bay.

Or, set up at Beacher's/Bananarama and walk down the beach to just past Infinity's L shaped dock. Or snorkle from the shore at Beacher's/Bananarama, but you will be dodging boats, there is no reef and may not be much of anything to see.

Thanks again - the excursion directly from Beachers is $45 pp and includes a drink, chair/umbrella and transportation.

The excursion from the ship goes to Tabyana and is $59.95 pp and includes transportation, chairs/shade security AND lunch so I am thinking for the extra $30 ($15 pp) we get food and closer to the best snorkeling area...

so now we have to decide if the meal and the security are worth the extra money LOL! We typically tend to skip lunch on activity days and save our appetite for what's included onboard!

thanks for all the info!

Edited by cinbol