Week in KW

WineDown17

Will be spending a week in KW..been several times, but not recently. Looking to book several days of water activities, including deep sea fishing.

Who are the most reputable deep sea captains/vessels?

And are there any high quality watercraft companies that might broker a deal for several days of business???

Thank you!!

I sincerely believe the original poster would prefer to have endorsements from Key West locals and frequent recent visitors who can vouch for captains and water craft services that they have actually experienced for themselves. While Google can be informative and a good start, there is nothing like the advice of locals who really know the quality and reliabilty of any given service.

We are frequent Key West visitors, but we haven't used fishing captains' services or rented watercraft. Our last trip two weeks ago, we did do a sunset sail on the Jolly II Rover (the ship with the red sails) and had an awesome time. This same ship also does star-viewing cruises too.

Thanks CB but agree with Gangway on this one.... Aging and poorly maintained watercraft are plentiful in this industry. I have done research on trip advisor and other sites, but locals know who cuts corners.....and who does not.

We are avid boaters/ fishermen and own our own boat/ski...so will definitely not be happy with run down equipment...sometimes ignorance is bliss!!

Thank you for the recommendation Gangway...this will be the first time we bring our son to KW...and his first non cruise vacation. He is skeptical...lol. Cancelling a suite on Harmony and want this trip to be fun filled for him.

Edited by WineDown17

Hello WineDown17.

The most reputable of water sports companies are Sebago, Fury and Sunset. I think Fury has the best offer with their Ultimate Adventure package.

I would avoid Barefoot Billy's and Hydro-Thunder. That's all I'll say to avoid libel. ;)

I also recommend making a day trip out to the Dry Tortugas via the Yankee Freedom.

The Tortuga IV is a nice head boat at a reasonable price and Dante's restaurant, right at the dock, will cook your catch. Dante's has a huge pool that feels great after a day fishing.

For an actual charter...as a local, I don't hire captains. But that said, my favorite charter Captain is 25 miles up the road on Summerland Key. He is Captain Jim Sharpe and he captains the Sea Boots.

Edited by Aquahound

Will be spending a week in KW..been several times, but not recently. Looking to book several days of water activities, including deep sea fishing.

Who are the most reputable deep sea captains/vessels?

And are there any high quality watercraft companies that might broker a deal for several days of business???

Thank you!!

In sequence of dependability and quality of their trips, Sebago, Danger, the Floridays, and then Fury and Sunset Watersports. Fury is free on your birthday for virtually all of their trips but except for a few of them, they get very crowded. And all of these companies have discounts for booking on-line or have a discount code (Danger on the Key West Chamber of Commerce's web page) and offer a returning customer discount of usually 10%. Pick a company, do an inexpensive trip, then go again and again mentioning you are returning.

Pjk