Is Coral Breeze reliable tour operator and boat?

hugger

I am reading about how wonderful Coral Breeze Tour operator in Belize is to go out to the little Island or snorkel.

However, then sometime around August it appears they started having some kind of major problems with their times and the boat breaking down etc. To the point that The Wet Lizard were no longer letting them use their location for meet up's in Belize City.

Wondering IF anyone has used them in past 3-4 months and what the experience was - where did you meet them? Sometimes tour operators have some problems and get them worked out quickly. Other times they start having financial problems and just go down from there.

Would love to hear from some recent cruise critic members who have used Coral Breeze tours and what your experience was . . .

I went with them to Caye Caulker in last November and we met on the tender dock down to the left as you get to dock. They were informative, clearly love the mangroves and nature on the trip to Caye Caulker. I stayed on the island but the people who did snorkel seemed to really enjoy their experience. Everything was well planned out and it was a very smooth experience. I always have wanted to go to Caye Caulker but was worried about the water taxi and being stuck, Coral Breeze took that worry away and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

I went with coral breeze to Caye Caulker in September of 2016... The meeting point was just outside the tender terminal (but, still inside the gates that go to Belize City) They seemed organized, and I would use this company again. I went on the tour as an "observer" just as transportation to and from CC.

I used them the end of October and it was a good experience. They even waited for us because RCI didn't let us off the ship quickly. That day the seas were rough and they offered us a refund if we didn't want to go. I was only going as an observer and so I went, most everyone who snorkeled told us on the way back that it was fun. We had rum punch and a nice ride back.

• 2 weeks later...

We went with them to Caye Caulker,and snorkeling with nurse sharks and rays in November. They sent email directions on where to meet them, which was inside the port area, but all of the way to the left. Some of the other tour operators tried to have us go to another area saying that we were not going to the correct location. I'm not sure if they were trying to scam us, but the directions from Coral Breeze were correct. It was a great day.

Yes CB tours is fine. We just used them Jan 2017. And we have used them 2 other times before.

We've done the snorkeling from Caye Caulker twice and the air and snorkel trip to Ambergris Caye once.

Michael.

• 1 month later...
I am reading about how wonderful Coral Breeze Tour operator in Belize is to go out to the little Island or snorkel.

However, then sometime around August it appears they started having some kind of major problems with their times and the boat breaking down etc. To the point that The Wet Lizard were no longer letting them use their location for meet up's in Belize City.

Wondering IF anyone has used them in past 3-4 months and what the experience was - where did you meet them? Sometimes tour operators have some problems and get them worked out quickly. Other times they start having financial problems and just go down from there.

Would love to hear from some recent cruise critic members who have used Coral Breeze tours and what your experience was . . .

Got back from cruise Sat March 11 2017 and used Coral Breeze to go to Caulker Caye snorkeling. It was easy to meet up with them there were 24 people on our boat over. It was a bumpy but nice ride over. There were lots of Sting rays and nurse sharks. I was in the middle of about 10 nurse sharks and they were being fed chum from our guide on the boat, one bit 3 of my fingers enough to hurt, swell up, and bleed. Had I known they could bite I never would have gotten as close as I did. Except for the bites I liked the tour. The second snorkel spot was not as fun as the rays and sharks, the water was rough. They got us back in plenty of time to catch the tender back to the cruise ship. I would use them again.

We used Coral Breeze in Belize last month. We met them at the very end of the port area. There was a bar there but I can't remember the name of it. The boat ride to Caye Caulker took about 30 +minutes. I can't remember exactly. The ride was a little bumpy. My husband decided to stay here since he wasn't going to snorkel. We then went to the snorkeling area which isn't too far. We then went to the rays and shark area. After this, we stopped at Caye Caulker for lunch. We were to be here about 1 hour. We walked back to where the boat was docked a little early and they were working on the boat. I was getting worried that it wouldn't get fixed. We had to be back by 5 for sailaway. Well, they got it fixed and we were on our way back. Actually I shouldn't have worried because I didn't know they had called for another boat and it showed up right before they got the engine going. They had the situation under control. It was an enjoyable but tiring day. The snorkel tour around the reef wore me out! lol I would not hesitate to use them again. The crew was great.