Cancellation likely due to weather next week?

SoBe2010

Hello everybody,

We are booked on koningsdam next week and I am curious if experienced grand turk cruisers have an idea how likely it is that grand turk is cancelled or was cancelled in the past?

Weather forcast says rain and 30 miles windspeed.

Which day are you at Grand Turk?

There appears to be a frontal system moving through the area over the weekend. could be faster or slower. But remember, forecasts change. Port is on what is typically the leeward side of the island. If the captain believes he can dock you will dock. If he tries and can't you won't.

What should you decide to do in GT in the rain or chance of rain? Maybe take a tram tour? Stay on ship? Certainly not beach weather which is the primary thing to do there. If it's too windy snorkeling will be canceled.

Which day are you at Grand Turk?

There appears to be a frontal system moving through the area over the weekend. could be faster or slower. But remember, forecasts change. Port is on what is typically the leeward side of the island. If the captain believes he can dock you will dock. If he tries and can't you won't.

What should you decide to do in GT in the rain or chance of rain? Maybe take a tram tour? Stay on ship? Certainly not beach weather which is the primary thing to do there. If it's too windy snorkeling will be canceled.

Thanks, I was just curious if Grand Turk experts had this before and wanted to know if they put in Nassau or another sea day. I know, can´t rely on that, just started this thread out of curiousity.

Forcast says now less presipitation but increasing wind speeds.

Thanks, I was just curious if Grand Turk experts had this before and wanted to know if they put in Nassau or another sea day. I know, can´t rely on that, just started this thread out of curiousity.

Forcast says now less presipitation but increasing wind speeds.

THe wind is the main problem at Grand Turk. Missed it last time and just had another sea day. I'm on the same cruise as you and the weather dosen't look too good. Let's hope for a change. Bob