Liberty of the seas with 21 month old

LL2009

Has anyone been within a toddler right around this age? Having trouble finding online specifically what my daughter will be able to do. Is there a play room she can go to during the day or is there any activities for her to attend? We aren't looking to drop her off but more interested in activities we can do together with her either ourselves or with my dad who will be traveling with us. When my husband and I go out and about wondering what my dad and her can do together besides hang out in the room. My daughter has tons of energy and doesn't sit still for long so shows are prob not an option for us. I know about the baby splash zone she isn't potty trained but if there is nothing to contain her to that area and not just walk into h2o zone I'm afraid that's gonna frustrate her more than its worth.

Thanks in advance for any insight

Hopefully someone with Royal Caribbean experience will jump in with info. You can also look on the RC website and see what is written about kids' program ages (often they'll say the minimum age of free play with a parent).

My daughter was 23 months of age on her first cruise (if you don't count her in-utereo cruise:)), but that was on Carnival. She was one month too young to join in on Camp Carnival, but that wasn't a problem for us as it was a three-day cruise (we selected that time as we were driving down to San Diego to see the Tall Ships post-cruise, rather than wait a month). We didn't go to the kids' room, but we did take her to a show (it wasn't her first experience with a show, but her first one at an adult one) which she enjoyed -- we did sit in the back, ready to make a quick exit if needed.

Some people will bring a little inflatable pool, but we didn't bother.

You do have to be a bit organized with what you take -- don't assume the ship will have the right size diapers, pullups, any toddler meds. We brought a couple of sippy cups and the waiter would fill it with milk for us.

Even though she was always with us on that cruise, we've gone on several more cruises with her (she's turning 18 this week :eek: so it's a road trip to college rather than a cruise this year).

Not being able to use the pools won't be a problem if you don't take her there....

Some folks will bring a blow-up tub for splashing...an ice bucket worth of water is ample.

You will do with her whatever you do at home!

Liberty has a baby splash pool for kids in diapers. They have a nursery for drop off. Not much for playgroups. No plastic cups in dining room or cups with lids anywhere. This was surprising because every other line has plastic kids cups. Bring more diapers and wipes than you think you will need and an umbrella stroller.

They have bags of toys you can "borrow" and then exchange for a different bag when she gets bored. There are often empty lounges during the day where your dad can take her to run off steam in a safe environment as well.

Thank that is very helpful! I read conflicting things on the bag of toys Someone posted they no longer do that and saw many that say they still do. That would be perfect for her thank you again for your reply

Traveled on sister ship Indy of the Seas with DD who was 22 months. It was 8nt with 4 port days. On sea days we typically spent the day in the pool for kiddies who aren't yet potty trained. She loved it and on occasion refused to get out. The splash pad was adjacent but it never became and issue and our DD likes to move like yours. Not sure if kids clubs have open house hours but Disney does and we took full advantage. Again; she loved it. I would look into open house hours this may provide you with a nice break from the pool.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not 100% about the liberty but we took our son when he was that age on her sister the Indy transatlantic so I'll tell you about that experience. There was a baby splash pool he could go in it had plastic floating boats and thing. It was right next to the h2o zone but enclosed enough that he couldn't "wander" in but they can see it. It the only pool non potty trained kids can go in swim diapers. As far as the toy lending they were still doing it and it was good, just checked out a free bag of toys at the nursery and swapped them out when needed. They also had a room set up for free play times with Bigger toys on ours it was in the teen disco fuel. It wasn't open ALL the time but it was open a lot. There are a few times when they have adult-kid family organized stuff, scavenger hunts or bubble play etc. We used the nursery but at this age its charged by the hr. We mainly used it at night to have quiet dinner or specialty restaurant. Have a good cruise

Has anyone been within a toddler right around this age? Having trouble finding online specifically what my daughter will be able to do. Is there a play room she can go to during the day or is there any activities for her to attend? We aren't looking to drop her off but more interested in activities we can do together with her either ourselves or with my dad who will be traveling with us. When my husband and I go out and about wondering what my dad and her can do together besides hang out in the room. My daughter has tons of energy and doesn't sit still for long so shows are prob not an option for us. I know about the baby splash zone she isn't potty trained but if there is nothing to contain her to that area and not just walk into h2o zone I'm afraid that's gonna frustrate her more than its worth.

Thanks in advance for any insight

Hi we traveled with dd a few times.

RCL, while the ship WE were on offered nothing family fun as far as activities, (like Disney has) they did have a cool pool/splash area, and they have a toy lending program and the nursery had open house hours. Dd enjoyed both, as we wanted to play with her, not drop her off.

tip: pack the diapers and wipes in a diaper box, so you can just ditch the box at the end, or pack in a duffle bag you can fold/pack once empty.

mine still doesn't like the shows, she watch some of one on Disney, but ONLY because Peter Pan was there. She had fun just being a kid.

Tip: pick up some color wonder markers, stickers, magnets, small fun stuff. I did 'tinkerbell' gifts, small things to keep her busy or entertain her. Target dollar spot and after holiday clearance type stuff. For our next cruise, I have dr. seuss theme stuff, paper dolls, and magnet dolls. I second the umbrella stroller, makes boarding and ports VERY easy.

We bring dd's pillow case (not her pillow b/c she doesn't care), her blanket of choice, and her must have sleep friends (currently her cabbage patch and two mermaids, since we're going on a cruise). And yes, bring a sippy cup of some sort, keep it filled with water. mine won't drink from the bathroom, because we don't at home, so that's 'bad' water. You may want a nightlight to see around if she wakes motn.

We've made it to mdr for dinner every night, though last cruise was tough (she had just dropped naps, and well, three). We find MDR easier for meals, breakfast/lunch than deal with buffets.

• 5 weeks later...

We have done a ton with royal- (little guy turns 2 soon and has done 5) they have lots of activities- we did liberty, they had designated play times (and actually put toys away after- a lot of ships leave them out as a play areas and just clean/switch out the toys) but there were at least 3 or 4 hours of play area. They also had storytime in the evening, and music and art times for toddlers. You'll get a special paper with dates and times for the little ones once onboard. Have fun!