Shared shuttle question...LAX

lightsleeper

Our flight arrives very early on a Saturday next April. Too early to head for the ship to embark. Want to have a leisurely breakfast at the airport and then when ready, head to the ship. (Princess at San Pedro)

Is there a shuttle company on LAX where we can accomplish this? Want to use a shared shuttle.

Our flight arrives very early on a Saturday next April. Too early to head for the ship to embark. Want to have a leisurely breakfast at the airport and then when ready, head to the ship. (Princess at San Pedro)

Is there a shuttle company on LAX where we can accomplish this? Want to use a shared shuttle.

I haven't seen any place for breakfast outside of the security area. Have breakfast before you leave the security zone. I still still would use the cruise shuttle . They will tell you what time you can get the first shuttle . When we did B2B with in San Pedro . There where people waiting at 10:30 in the waiting area to board.

Here's a Plan B as I do not envision a "leisurely" breakfast at LAX being possible.

Grab a hotel shuttle (free) like the Marriott. Go the Marriott, have the bellman hold your bags ($5 tip) have a nice leisurely breakfast. Gather your bags, and take the shuttle back to LAX and be sure to tell the driver you want to go to the arrival level. (Very Important) Take one of the previously mentioned modes of transportation to the port.

done!

Edited by slomotion

You didn't say when your expected time of arrival is (and there's always the possibility of delays), but there's time involved with getting your luggage, getting the shuttle, and the major possibility of other passengers dropped off first.

By the time, you get to the pier, you may be able to drop off your check in luggage to a porter. If your carry one are manageable, you can walk over to ports o'call and get breakfast there.

• 1 month later...
Here's a Plan B as I do not envision a "leisurely" breakfast at LAX being possible.

Grab a hotel shuttle (free) like the Marriott. Go the Marriott, have the bellman hold your bags ($5 tip) have a nice leisurely breakfast. Gather your bags, and take the shuttle back to LAX and be sure to tell the driver you want to go to the arrival level. (Very Important) Take one of the previously mentioned modes of transportation to the port.

done!

You could just arrange to take a Princess shuttle to the port from the Marriott if you want that. I can't remember the timing when they leave the hotel but usually they have a least 2 buses leaving at different times.

You could just arrange to take a Princess shuttle to the port from the Marriott if you want that. I can't remember the timing when they leave the hotel but usually they have a least 2 buses leaving at different times.

The shuttle from the Marriott is only for people staying in the hotel. They usually don't have extra seats for just the use of the shuttle.

The shuttle from the Marriott is only for people staying in the hotel. They usually don't have extra seats for just the use of the shuttle.

Thats why i said to arrange it with Princess. We have done that when staying at a different hotel.

Planning on using Super Shuttle, Prime Time, Karmel etc?

An issue with the shared shuttle is that you have no idea how long it's going to take going to port or what will be on your 'tour' of LA.

If you stay at a different hotel . They recommend going back to LAX and taking the shuttle from there .

Yes they do but the OP said they were going to the marriott for breakfast, so why would they want to go back to the airport, if they can arrange to get on a Princess bus, if thats what they want. We only took the bus once and will never take it again. Its like being held hostage. When we got to the ship we had to wait for 30 minutes on the bus before they would get off to check in. The rep said the terminal was to busy.

Yes they do but the OP said they were going to the marriott for breakfast, so why would they want to go back to the airport, if they can arrange to get on a Princess bus, if thats what they want. We only took the bus once and will never take it again. Its like being held hostage. When we got to the ship we had to wait for 30 minutes on the bus before they would get off to check in. The rep said the terminal was to busy.

each seat on the bus is accounted for at check in the night before . We most we had to wait was 10 minutes . They where using two terminals for ships.

each seat on the bus is accounted for at check in the night before . We most we had to wait was 10 minutes . They where using two terminals for ships.

Thats why i said you have to arrange it through Princess before not just showing up and jumping on a bus. We did this a few years ago to meet up with friends who were staying at the marriott, and be with them on the bus, it work fine back then. I know what happens you don't have to keep telling me the rules and how the bus works.