Jewel review may 16-23, 2015

amarvel

Thank you so much for posting these! However, they are a little small to see. If you want to email or text them to me, I would be happy to repost them for you.

I can email them. Won't have Internet after today at 5 alaska time. I'm on my phone so not sure how to message you to get email? Maybe message me and I'll send it over :)

Send to eric at gopower dot com

Ok sent. Hope it works. Internet is not as good here in skagway. Which is another tip because I had no problems in Juneau or ketchikan.

Another tip is that the menus for all the restaurants are on a table at the buffet by the washy washy entrance. So if you want to decide what to have for dinner you can see the menus in one place.

Osheehans has a nightly dinner special. So far:

Sat. Chicken fry

Sun. Baby back ribs

Mon. Chicken cordon blue

Tues. Alaska salmon

Wed. Cajun shrimp and ribs

Tuesday night was fish/seafood/salmon night at most restaurants.

It has been so warm. We are in t shirts and many are in shorts. the sun decks have been full and lively like it's a Caribbean cruise.

Sunrise is about 4am. It does get light so close your blinds if that would bother you. I was up for the sunrise this morning and didn't need to put lights on to see, was plenty bright by 5am.

Hello Everyone.

Thanks to Angela (amarvel) I have uploaded the dailies she so graciously took pics of for all of us.

Please let me know if it works correctly.

To those of you leaving on Saturday with us, hope to see you all at our meet and greet.

Cheers,

Eric

Edited by UFLaw

Ok sent. Hope it works. Internet is not as good here in skagway. Which is another tip because I had no problems in Juneau or Ketchikan.

In 2013 I sailed with people who had AT&T , Verizon and Sprint . We all had good coverage in Ketchikan and Juneau but in Skagway only those with AT&T had good service .

Thank you for all the info !

Thank you to everyone involved in posting the dailies. Our cruise on the Jewel to Alaska is not until September 5th and undoubtedly there will be changes between now and then but this will give us an idea of what to expect.

Love seeing the Jewel dailies and hope ours will be similar. Already planning which meals I will be eating in O'Sheehan's. lol

Our butler is jennifer. This week she was doing starboard haven. Think Theodore is doing the front suites. He was our elevator butler the first day.

Our family had Jennifer on the Dawn. She was the best ever!!!! If you are still on the ship, ask her if she remembers Chase and Grant with their Grandma and Grandpa last March?? :)

Just got off. Wonderful cruise. Cannot say enough how much we love the jewel staff. I usually like to change ships but could see sailing her again :)

I'll edit this thread and add more for a real review but will need a day or two to get organized :)