Please help me pick an SF aft Suite on the Star

CC71

I would be really grateful for opinions on whether to book deck 9 or 10 for an aft SF suite on NCL Star. This will be our second NCL cruise and first in a suite!

We would like a peaceful location and fairly private balcony if possible? We won't be sailing until January 2017 but need to book before May29th to take advantage of the current uk promo for suite bookings which appeals to us as it includes drinks,dinin, OBC and some shore credit.

Many thanks for all your opinions/help :)

Normally I would say deck 10, but since it looks like the spa and fitness center is on deck 11, I would suggest deck 9. Now, even saying that, the balconies on deck 10 are usually larger. On deck 9, I would try for 9732 or 9,323, both corner suites, so you will only have someone on one side. If you went for deck 10, I would try for either 10726 or 10226, both corner suites.

You will love the aft suite!

I've stayed in 9732 corner suite and it has a wrap around balcony. It was perfect for our Panama cruise as we got to view the back and off to the side as we went thru the locks.

I also have stayed on deck 8 after they moved Spinnakers to deck 7 and it was to noisy.

Normally I would say deck 10, but since it looks like the spa and fitness center is on deck 11, I would suggest deck 9. Now, even saying that, the balconies on deck 10 are usually larger. On deck 9, I would try for 9732 or 9,323, both corner suites, so you will only have someone on one side. If you went for deck 10, I would try for either 10726 or 10226, both corner suites.

Thank you very much for this, I am leaning towards 9732 currently as I like that there are staterooms above and hopefully this means it will not be noisy!

I've stayed in 9732 corner suite and it has a wrap around balcony. It was perfect for our Panama cruise as we got to view the back and off to the side as we went thru the locks.

I also have stayed on deck 8 after they moved Spinnakers to deck 7 and it was to noisy.

Thank you for your feedback, 9732 is currently my favourite option so it's good to hear that you enjoyed it.

Thank you very much for this, I am leaning towards 9732 currently as I like that there are staterooms above and hopefully this means it will not be noisy!

Based on what BSR posted, I think that is a wise choice. I haven't cruise on the Star in an aft penthouse, but have on both the Jewel and Pearl in both decks 10 (there are cabins on deck 11 on both ships) and deck 9 and the cabins were very quite.

Just for the OP's clarification, that is 9232 -- starboard corner SF penthouse with wraparound balcony.

9232-wrap1.jpg

For what it's worth I've stayed in aft cabins on the Dawn ( under the fitness center) several times and never had any issues with noise. The Star and Dawn are sister ships.

The balcony on 10 is much bigger than on 9.

Based on what BSR posted, I think that is a wise choice. I haven't cruise on the Star in an aft penthouse, but have on both the Jewel and Pearl in both decks 10 (there are cabins on deck 11 on both ships) and deck 9 and the cabins were very quite.

Thank you again for your help, I think we are set on 9736 now. However, we are now considering booking directly with the USA site or a USA based TA as, during our research, we have discovered that booking this way would mean we had much more flexibility with our booking which is attractive to us given that the cruise isn't until early 2017. We realise that we wouldn't qualify for the UBP currently but having run the numbers I think the flexibility to cancel/ rebook and take advantage of price drops is worth more to us. :)

Just for the OP's clarification, that is 9232 -- starboard corner SF penthouse with wraparound balcony.

9232-wrap1.jpg

Thank you for the picture, it's great to see the wraparound balcony.:)

Thank you for your feedback, 9732 is currently my favourite option so it's good to hear that you enjoyed it.

We just finished our cruise in Room 9732 - aft port corner. Does have the wrap around balcony ~2' wide around the corner and view partially obstructed by the window washing equipment, but still about a 270 degree view possible. The rest of the balcony is not too wide - they put out 2 lounge chairs which have to be sideways to fit - no regular chairs. But cruising the Baltic is a windy and chilly on the balcony anyway.

A bit noisy from the churning of the propulsion system but no bar or people noise. Usually involves a long walk to get to venues, but probably needed exercise.

The Butler is Cipriano who did a great job.

The dual safes are handy.

Do note that there is only one 110 volt outlet in the whole cabin - in the dressing area. So bring a power strip and converters for the other outlets (if your appliances can handle the 220 or you trust a converter).

• 3 months later...

I was in 10226 in May/June for Baltics. No noise from spa above. Great smell of baking bread in the afternoons! Deck was very large and loungers could face directly out (not sideways like on deck 8&9). Older decor. I got a glimpse of 10228 and it appeared to have updated carpets and decor (can't say for sure)

Deck 10 AFT are the best.....

I agree too deck 10 is the best. Does not matter if it is Dawn, Star or the Jewel Class the balcony is bigger. I prefer either 10728 on Dawn or Star or 10666 on Jewel Class. The Balcony usage is larger, no noise and a smooth ride even in rough seas.:)

I would be really grateful for opinions on whether to book deck 9 or 10 for an aft SF suite on NCL Star. This will be our second NCL cruise and first in a suite!

We would like a peaceful location and fairly private balcony if possible? We won't be sailing until January 2017 but need to book before May29th to take advantage of the current uk promo for suite bookings which appeals to us as it includes drinks,dinin, OBC and some shore credit.

Another vote for Deck 10 (10728) . That's where my little video from last year was shot:

We had a fun 12 days there. No noise from above. Could clearly see balcony below.

Another vote for Deck 10 (10728) . That's where my little video from last year was shot:

We had a fun 12 days there. No noise from above. Could clearly see balcony below.

WOW, gave me a bit of motion sickness just watching :D Definitely would not have wanted to be forward on that cruise. Aft I am sure rode fairly well despite the very rough seas and probably was no different in mid ship.

I've stayed on deck 10 aft penthouse, larger balcony and you don't hear any noise from the spa above you......

• 5 months later...
I've stayed on deck 10 aft penthouse, larger balcony and you don't hear any noise from the spa above you......

I was reading some other posts and why would people thank the NOISE for the spa would be a issue.

I just booked 10728 and will have a spa package and if the noise is a issue I will not got to spa at all

always learn from others,

I love to read ideas from CC people