Help please, info on SS forward/aft suite?

kekilia

We are trying to choose a suite for first Regent cruise. The MN is more than we need, Penthouse feels too small. Anybody been on a cruise in the SSA or SSF?? Is there a just my size suite on regent?

Hi and welcome to the Regent board:) I am trying to determine which ship with you will be sailing on. You mention that the Penthouse feels too small. That sounds like either the Navigator or Voyager. Not certain what you are referring to with "MN". So, let me address the question for all three ships.

The Navigator and Voyager aft suites will feel a vibration. Whether or not this vibration will bother you is up to you. It bothers some greatly and others not so much. We were in an aft Seven Seas Suite on the Voyager and was not bothered but was aware of the vibration. We would not consider a Seven Seas Aft suite on the Navigator. On the Voyager, the Seven Seas Suites as well as the Voyager Suites have 1 1/2 bathrooms which is wonderful (we are currently on the Voyager in a Voyager suite).

The Mariner's Penthouse suites are quite large. I believe that both Seven Seas aft and Seven Seas forward suites have 1 1/2 bathrooms -- double check this information on the Regent website just to make sure.

In terms a of a suite that feels "just right", we think that the Voyager suite on the Voyager or the Navigator suite on the Navigator is "just right". However, the only Navigator suite that is not under the swimming pool (not a good location) is 1125. It is one of a kind and a great suite!

We are trying to choose a suite for first Regent cruise. The MN is more than we need, Penthouse feels too small. Anybody been on a cruise in the SSA or SSF?? Is there a just my size suite on regent?

If the Mariner, go for Seven Seas Aft. It has 1 & 1/2 baths, larger patio and no vibration. We have booked Aft several times for longer cruises, both Port and Starboard - really enjoyed the Suite.

Have a great trip.

We have been on a Mariner Seven Seas forward suite and loved it. However, I am not certain I would pay a lot more money for that suite over the Penthouse suite. It depends upon how much money the extra half bathroom is worth to you.

We sailed on a TA in a Seven Seas Aft suite on the Mariner. The terrace is stupendous! Lots of room - dining table and chairs, chaises longues etc. the sitting room of the suite has a table that seats 4 comfortably, plus a couch and and two easy chairs. it is a somewhat peculiar shape for "decorating" but was really very comfortable. What I did not like is that the bedroom is very small and to get to the master bathroom you have to walk through the closet - which is narrow so everytime you do so you "jiggle" the clothes hangers. there was a small second bath - just a loo and washbasin, no shower.

The sunsets on the TA seen from that terrace were spectacular! We loved having a "sundowner" outside and watching.

It is certainly one of the nicest suites on the ship and I believe has just been renovated (redecorated) which IMO it needed. Hope this answers your question??

Loved our SS Aft on Mariner! Huge balcony, lovely deck furniture. The cabin was huge, don't know how we can ever go back to a regular cabin!

Deck 7 directly above Horizons and never heard a thing and am very sensitive to smoke and never a smelled anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I too loved that Aft Horizon on Mariner Deck 7 - going through the closet to the bath was worth the rest of the cabin and it did not matter to us.

Sailing the Grand Canal on arrival to Venice from that suite is in one of those memories that is repeatable over and over in the memory banks.

ChatKat - you were lucky on arrival in Venice!! When we sailed in on the Mariner in 2010 the fog was so dense we saw nothing at all. Fortunately, we have sailed into Venice before but I felt so badly for those who had no idea what they were missing! We could hear children playing on the shore and at one point we heard a disembarkation announcement being made. I said to Ken - that's weird! We are supposed to spend the night here - but it was for a Silversea ship that was moored next to us. Couldn't see the ship - but we heard the announcement as though it was coming from the Mariner!! Captain and Pilot did a sensational job of bringing the ship alongside. Not even a bump!