Thank you CB & Princess for a wonderful cruise

jb9991

We just returned yesterday from a 7-night Eastern Carib cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We had a wonderful time. The ship is beautiful, in good shape & the staff & food were very good. We enjoyed the shows (Ventriloquist, 2 comedians, a magician, a singer & 2 production shows). We did the UBD one night which was fantastic. Our room steward, Rainier, was wonderful.

The shower is very small (Balcony stateroom), access to the Princess theater was very strange, ( I am not handicapped but spoke with several people who were and they were very disappointed.) The temperature on the ship from place to place was not uniform. Freezing in part of the ship, hot in another, although stateroom temp was good and no problems at all with plumbing.

I would sail her again without hesitation. Any slight negatives would not be a deal breaker.

Thanks to everyone on Cruise Critic for all the helpful hints! You guys are great!

We were on the same voyage as well as the week before. We also had a wonderful time. The entertainment was better on the second week. Very good cruise staff . Our cabin steward was great. Not the best ship in the fleet but we would go again

Access to the Princess theater on the lower level requires climbing stairs, but on the upper level there is a ramp. It runs between and behind the stairs and opens onto the seating level. The handicapped seating is located on that level just inside the entrance. There isn't much of it, but it's there (on both sides.)

We were on the same sailing......a surprise cruise for my dh and dbil for their 60th birthdays and my dh's retirement. The surprise was priceless and included all of our children from 3 states. Anyway, of all the wonderful experiences on board......MUTS rules at night! We enjoyed snuggling up on deck under the stars watching a good movie.

Thanks for posting your short review. Which itinerary did you sail? We were on the eastern last month and also had a great time. We enjoyed our UBD as the ship was docked in Grand Turk, and then during sailaway at sunset.

Also the Diamond and Sapphire did not have distinct appetizers in the four different dining rooms--they had specialty entrées to go with the theme of each restaurant. We did not dine in one of those, but I was still able to order the specialty entrée in the traditional dining room.

Edited by geoherb

Thanks for posting your short review. Which itinerary did you sail? We were on the eastern last month and also had a great time. We enjoyed our UBD as the ship was docked in Grand Turk, and then during sailaway at sunset.

Princess Cays, St. Martin, St. Thomas & Grand Turk. I read your review & really enjoyed it. We did the UBD on the first formal night. We also played trivia alot. Enjoyed that & the Pub Lunch also. I am so sad that I have to go back to reality & back to work!