Potential Issue Plus Needed Advice on a Room-Carnival Victory

bucahenze

Hello all,

I booked with one of the large online TA's for my upcoming 5-night cruise Aug. 18th aboard the Victory. We originally booked an inside on the Panorama deck; this will be my first Carnival cruise and we are looking forward to it!

After checking for price drops, I saw that I could book a guaranteed balcony for the same rate as the room I had booked before. For starters, is it possible to switch rooms if I used a major online TA and have already paid in full? Furthermore, do you think it would be wise to switch rooms and risk placement on this ship for the perk of a balcony?

Interested to hear all of your opinions-hope you can help!

Hello all,

I booked with one of the large online TA's for my upcoming 5-night cruise Aug. 18th aboard the Victory. We originally booked an inside on the Panorama deck; this will be my first Carnival cruise and we are looking forward to it!

After checking for price drops, I saw that I could book a guaranteed balcony for the same rate as the room I had booked before. For starters, is it possible to switch rooms if I used a major online TA and have already paid in full? Furthermore, do you think it would be wise to switch rooms and risk placement on this ship for the perk of a balcony?

Interested to hear all of your opinions-hope you can help!

Depending on the online TA you used there could be penalties incurred. That withstanding if final payment date has not passed and you are feeling lucky then try it. Look at the deck plans and see where is the worse balcony room on the ship. If you are okay if you get it then by jeans switch. :)

A lot of this depends if you are inside or outside of the final payment date. If you pay in full before the final payment date, you may be able to switch. If it is after final payment date, the best you might get is OBC. Only rate class that can make changes after final payment is Early Saver. I see the cruise is August 18th....I believe you are inside final payment date for your cruise.....you will not be able to change unless you booked the Early Saver rate.

Edited by sailinglisa

You would have to call the company you booked with and see if they can do a complimentary upgrade. If the fare is the same.

We have been booked on a regular, non early saver last minute trip, so paid in full at time of booking. A couple of weeks later the extended balcony dropped below what we paid for a regular balcony. We couldn't get the price difference back as OBC, but we did get moved into the other cabin for free. Now going from an assigned cabin to a gty might be different, so you really need to talk to your TA. What they might be willing to do and what CCL could do might not be the same thing.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Would I be able to call Carnival and deal with them directly? At least try to get OBC?

Unless you booked Early Saver originally - you won't be getting OBC, and that would be true whether you had booked with Carnival or a TA.

And Carnival won't deal with you directly - any changes have to be made through the TA.

If you did book ES ... contact the TA and have them fill out the Early Saver form for a price reduction to get OBC.

If not, call the TA and ask if you can upgrade to a balcony since the price is the same and see what they say. I wouldn't count on it, but you never know.

Good luck!

Jenn

Would I be able to call Carnival and deal with them directly? At least try to get OBC?

No

You booked with a TA.

You and Carnival are contractually obligated to communicate via the TA only.

No

You booked with a TA.

You and Carnival are contractually obligated to communicate via the TA only.

And therefore, if you can't get a desired answer from the TA, you can call Carnival and ask for a three way call. I did that once. Ended up with a wraparound vista suite on the Pride!